Camp Tucannon.
Another year of family camping is over. As fun as getting together with the whole Opheikens clan is I am so glad to be home and clean again. This year we went south to just above Walla Walla.
The site was absolutely beautiful. We were lucky enough to have our camp site on the creek. There was also a river running along the other side of the campsite just across the road. There were butterflies everywhere.
It only rained one night and it was so nice that it waited till everyone was in bed before it began. We were also lucky in that for the first two days there was additional children around for the girls and the cousins to play with. Kezri ran off with a little girl by the name of Amy. Jared and Braidey got to play with a boy by the name of Lance. After the first two days the camp site was empty. It was just our group and one other group way on the other side of the camp. When it came to craft time both Chessica and Tess did a great job. Chessica had the kids tye dye shirts and Tess had them decorate canvas bags.
I was the slacker and I just took the kids on a color hunt and found all sorts of things in multiple colors.
The river was rather cool but it was nice to get in and to even get a little clean (everyone washed their hair.) Kezri and Jared enjoyed floating the river in their life jackets.
Kami wouldn't even get in the river past her ankle, of course that was until Aunt Brandi and David pulled her in to wash her hair.
Kalaree was the little water child and before anyone else could get in the water she was laying down in the river. The food was of course camp food, lots of beans and chili, but still definitely worth it. I think everyone had a great time.
The animals were definitely happy to have us home. The cats must of just had a hay day. I had rubber bands all over my bathroom, as well as toilet paper. They also trashed the other bathroom. Darn stinking cats that always have to have the last say. Mel was extremely glad to be home. He didn't adjust well to not being at home. Apparently he kept trying to run out the door, which he had him broke of here at home. So he spent much of his time in the crate. When I got there he was all over me and wouldn't get of my lap as I talked with Mikaela. He also about went through the front window when he saw that we had pulled up to our house. He really enjoyed climbing back into bed with me last night. Kami had a tough time adjusting back to sleeping on her own but it wasn't long before she was out.
Kalaree was the little water child and before anyone else could get in the water she was laying down in the river. The food was of course camp food, lots of beans and chili, but still definitely worth it. I think everyone had a great time.
The animals were definitely happy to have us home. The cats must of just had a hay day. I had rubber bands all over my bathroom, as well as toilet paper. They also trashed the other bathroom. Darn stinking cats that always have to have the last say. Mel was extremely glad to be home. He didn't adjust well to not being at home. Apparently he kept trying to run out the door, which he had him broke of here at home. So he spent much of his time in the crate. When I got there he was all over me and wouldn't get of my lap as I talked with Mikaela. He also about went through the front window when he saw that we had pulled up to our house. He really enjoyed climbing back into bed with me last night. Kami had a tough time adjusting back to sleeping on her own but it wasn't long before she was out.
Comments