HI HO, HI HO, Its off to work I go.
Well I started back. I spent Monday rearranging and organizing all the psych stuff at the central office. Candace (the other school Psych) and myself got our desk arranged and then we sat down to start ordering stuff. It is so nice to be able to just order and not have to go through this whole committee process. We ordered our chairs, a new test, and protocols to tests that we currently use(it is going to feel like Christmas.) My desk looks rather pathetic. Candace has been teaching for 30 years, so she has all the cool office stuff. Me, on the other hand am starting from scratch. I am sure by the end of the year it will look good but still I have two offices and nothing cool to put in them. Tuesday was my new member day which was great. It was rather weird since I had interned there I knew everyone already and had actually gone to lunch with a couple of them the previous year. Which was funny because I was back in the back of the room and they were all talking to me (yes they were talking to me) while everyone else was getting the "this is so and so and they do this" speech. Then I headed to the benefits fair and well the benefits aren't as great but at least they are there. It isn't going to cost us any more than what Cheney offered but we are losing vision since I don't want to go with group health. It works out in the end though since I will be on the masters plus 45 and I am only 21 credits short of a masters plus 90. I can't say how nice everything has been. I feel like this is home for me. I already knew almost everyone and they knew me and it was great to see what everyone was up to. Today I was out at Michael Anderson, the elementary school, for the LID day. We had a great staff meeting. It is good to know what the plans are for this year. Plus I got the furniture organized in that office. Again it looks rather bare. But I am sure as the year goes on it will start to take shape. Just in time to take it all down for summer. I am taking tomorrow off unless I get called in to do some testing. Going to work on some stuff for the office and then I am working part time on Friday to get ready for Tuesday. YEA!!!!!!!
Kalaree had her welcome to the middle school today. She is getting so excited about all the good things that she will get to do. She signed up today for her first sport. She is going to play softball this fall. It will do her some good. Now I need to get her a good mitt. I may have to have Grandpa O come over and help us pick one out. Since it has been forever since I have done anything like that. She got her schedule and is tickled pink she got into advanced orchestra. She has math with one of her friends. She also has first semester PE so she will be out of that in January and then will be playing Volleyball then.
Not much else going on. David hasn't heard anything yet on the PO position and he is still waiting to hear on the conditional hire too. The gal at Airway said he should know something regarding his psych testing sometime this week. He has the mile and half down to the time he needs it and is up to four really good push ups (it has been a struggle with his shoulder and all) so he should be totally ready on the 15th. He also has the sit ups where they need to be so he just has to work on those push ups.
We meet with Kami's preschool and they are so excited to have her back. She went with us when we went to meet with them and all her friends were so excited to see her. It was rather overwhelming for her. I am thinking about taking on the parent representative role this year. It means one extra meeting a month but in the end I think it will benefit Kami if I do it.
Not much going on with Kezri, she just wants to play with her friends all the time. She is such a social bug. She also got the letter from her teacher for this year. She will have a great time this year.
Well that wraps up what we have going on here. It is going to be a real busy week this next week.
Kalaree had her welcome to the middle school today. She is getting so excited about all the good things that she will get to do. She signed up today for her first sport. She is going to play softball this fall. It will do her some good. Now I need to get her a good mitt. I may have to have Grandpa O come over and help us pick one out. Since it has been forever since I have done anything like that. She got her schedule and is tickled pink she got into advanced orchestra. She has math with one of her friends. She also has first semester PE so she will be out of that in January and then will be playing Volleyball then.
Not much else going on. David hasn't heard anything yet on the PO position and he is still waiting to hear on the conditional hire too. The gal at Airway said he should know something regarding his psych testing sometime this week. He has the mile and half down to the time he needs it and is up to four really good push ups (it has been a struggle with his shoulder and all) so he should be totally ready on the 15th. He also has the sit ups where they need to be so he just has to work on those push ups.
We meet with Kami's preschool and they are so excited to have her back. She went with us when we went to meet with them and all her friends were so excited to see her. It was rather overwhelming for her. I am thinking about taking on the parent representative role this year. It means one extra meeting a month but in the end I think it will benefit Kami if I do it.
Not much going on with Kezri, she just wants to play with her friends all the time. She is such a social bug. She also got the letter from her teacher for this year. She will have a great time this year.
Well that wraps up what we have going on here. It is going to be a real busy week this next week.
Comments