Update...
I hadn't updated the blog since Wednesday, I had a couple of things come up that will be explained later in the blog.
My defense went fine. As expected there were some items that I had to correct. I had until Friday to get them in. One being my grammar, I have never been very good at writing. Then some mistakes that I made, 2 am writing tends to cause these appartently. Update some charts and add some information on reliability and validity of the measures. So Thursday I did all but the grammar, then Thursday night Mikaela edited it for me and I sent it off. I got feedback today that it looked fine and that I am officially done. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! This last month has been absolutely horrible. I am so glad that I can finally just be a working women.
I have decided that there is no reason for me to watch that new show coming out in the fall called Kid Nation. The idea behind it is that a bunch of kids are given a chance to start their own town without adult supervision. Well we have live that this last week. I can tell you what will happen. The dog will not get feed and will decide that the garbage is his new dog dish. Red Kool aid will be spilled and something will be placed over top of it to hide it. If they are lucky it will be a towel, if not then it will be the dog, mind you the dog is white (not anymore.)While the dog is not getting feed the fish are getting over feed. So now there is an inch of fish food on the bottom of the tank. I was once told goldfish will continue to eat as long as food is around, well I have proof that is not the case. Thank goodness for a good filter, however we will probably go through two or three carbon filter refills to get this all cleaned out or I will have to clean it out myself. Now food will be started and then forgotten. Bathrooms, well we might have to call in a haz. mat. team for those. And the carpet should probably be replaced with hardwood floors, since a good hosing down doesn't work well with carpet. Now don't get me wrong. The girls tried their best. I know that they did. Kalaree and Kami both tried but you know clean to kids and clean to mom are always two different things. A kids clean is once you see the carpet stop. Where mom's want to see the whole carpet, all the way to the wall. I love the ring of clean as I call it. The one circle in the middle of the room where there is nothing, yet you can't see anywhere else. So you can imagine what I have been up to.
David got an invite to take the written exam for the probation officer 1 potion with the Juvenile Courts. He would really like this job, and this is the farthest he has ever gotten with this application process. I know he has the other job lined up but this would be a permanent position, Monday-Friday and it pays way better. So fingers crossed and any prayers that you can think of.
He also has an appointment on Monday with the psychologist at Airway Heights corrections. This is part of the hiring. I am not too worried about it, but they could always say he is too nice of a guy. So it will be a busy week for him.
Kezri lost a tooth today while visiting Grandpa Mike. I am surprised it lasted this long, she was begging me to pull it out before she left. She is pretty well set for school clothes. Between Grandpa Mike and Grandma Jean they have outfitted her for the school year. I bought Kalaree some jeans this week for school. She didn't have any left after this last school year, she is so hard on clothes. However since she is losing weight she is now able to get back into clothes that she wasn't fitting into anymore so her wardrobe has now doubled in size. Kami is who we have left and well she will probably have to wait. She has a ton of clothes so an outfit or two is all she will get. Goodwill is getting ready for their back to school thing so we should be able to find her some really nice things. I know I am being cheap but well the big bucks don't start coming in till after school starts for us.
We have a primary activity tomorrow which I am in charge of. I know I don't plan well. But this one should be really easy. We are just doing some field games. Kalaree has volunteered to help out so she is going to be in charge of the game "clean your room". We are also going to play "catch the bacon", "human tic tac toe", "red rover, red rover", and a giant game of "duck duck goose." Then we are serving them otter pops and sending them home. How simple yet I am sure it will be a blast. After purchasing lawn flags (those wires with a plastic flag hanging off them), orange barrier tape, whistles and otter pops are whole activity came to $20 for over 50 kids.
Not much else going on here. David and Kezri are coming home Sunday morning. I am so glad to finally have them home. I have a surprise for David. I can't post it yet since he may possibly read the blog. but I have been busy while he was away and not just with my research. Good night.
My defense went fine. As expected there were some items that I had to correct. I had until Friday to get them in. One being my grammar, I have never been very good at writing. Then some mistakes that I made, 2 am writing tends to cause these appartently. Update some charts and add some information on reliability and validity of the measures. So Thursday I did all but the grammar, then Thursday night Mikaela edited it for me and I sent it off. I got feedback today that it looked fine and that I am officially done. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! This last month has been absolutely horrible. I am so glad that I can finally just be a working women.
I have decided that there is no reason for me to watch that new show coming out in the fall called Kid Nation. The idea behind it is that a bunch of kids are given a chance to start their own town without adult supervision. Well we have live that this last week. I can tell you what will happen. The dog will not get feed and will decide that the garbage is his new dog dish. Red Kool aid will be spilled and something will be placed over top of it to hide it. If they are lucky it will be a towel, if not then it will be the dog, mind you the dog is white (not anymore.)While the dog is not getting feed the fish are getting over feed. So now there is an inch of fish food on the bottom of the tank. I was once told goldfish will continue to eat as long as food is around, well I have proof that is not the case. Thank goodness for a good filter, however we will probably go through two or three carbon filter refills to get this all cleaned out or I will have to clean it out myself. Now food will be started and then forgotten. Bathrooms, well we might have to call in a haz. mat. team for those. And the carpet should probably be replaced with hardwood floors, since a good hosing down doesn't work well with carpet. Now don't get me wrong. The girls tried their best. I know that they did. Kalaree and Kami both tried but you know clean to kids and clean to mom are always two different things. A kids clean is once you see the carpet stop. Where mom's want to see the whole carpet, all the way to the wall. I love the ring of clean as I call it. The one circle in the middle of the room where there is nothing, yet you can't see anywhere else. So you can imagine what I have been up to.
David got an invite to take the written exam for the probation officer 1 potion with the Juvenile Courts. He would really like this job, and this is the farthest he has ever gotten with this application process. I know he has the other job lined up but this would be a permanent position, Monday-Friday and it pays way better. So fingers crossed and any prayers that you can think of.
He also has an appointment on Monday with the psychologist at Airway Heights corrections. This is part of the hiring. I am not too worried about it, but they could always say he is too nice of a guy. So it will be a busy week for him.
Kezri lost a tooth today while visiting Grandpa Mike. I am surprised it lasted this long, she was begging me to pull it out before she left. She is pretty well set for school clothes. Between Grandpa Mike and Grandma Jean they have outfitted her for the school year. I bought Kalaree some jeans this week for school. She didn't have any left after this last school year, she is so hard on clothes. However since she is losing weight she is now able to get back into clothes that she wasn't fitting into anymore so her wardrobe has now doubled in size. Kami is who we have left and well she will probably have to wait. She has a ton of clothes so an outfit or two is all she will get. Goodwill is getting ready for their back to school thing so we should be able to find her some really nice things. I know I am being cheap but well the big bucks don't start coming in till after school starts for us.
We have a primary activity tomorrow which I am in charge of. I know I don't plan well. But this one should be really easy. We are just doing some field games. Kalaree has volunteered to help out so she is going to be in charge of the game "clean your room". We are also going to play "catch the bacon", "human tic tac toe", "red rover, red rover", and a giant game of "duck duck goose." Then we are serving them otter pops and sending them home. How simple yet I am sure it will be a blast. After purchasing lawn flags (those wires with a plastic flag hanging off them), orange barrier tape, whistles and otter pops are whole activity came to $20 for over 50 kids.
Not much else going on here. David and Kezri are coming home Sunday morning. I am so glad to finally have them home. I have a surprise for David. I can't post it yet since he may possibly read the blog. but I have been busy while he was away and not just with my research. Good night.
Comments