Busy week
This has been a rather busy week. With the new ward boundary changes we lost our primary president and the bishop told her to hand her stuff over to me and to not worry about it. Well we are also moving into a brand new building. Who would of thought that so much stuff has to get done? Plus on top of that I have been trying to track down subs for those callings that we lost people in. I am so glad that this Sunday is a regional conference and then I only really have to worry about one Sunday. Hopefully, they will have someone called before the Sunday after that.
My schedule at work has finally picked up. I spent two days straight with back to back meetings that latest about 5 hours each. That is so draining when that happens. But on the plus side I finally have something to do and don't feel like I am wandering around looking for work.
Kalaree and I went to Keith Urban this week also. The Wreckers opened up for him and they were okay. I was kind of disappointed in them, almost wanted a little more. However, Keith Urban definitely brought it. I of course forgot my camera and so I am still waiting on pictures from Mikaela (before you say anything Mikaela about the Brad Paisley pictures, you at least had a camera at Brad I didn't have one at Keith.) It was a great night, I totally felt like I was back in high school, okay more like middle school that night. I need to be careful because my friends tend to lead me astray sometimes (yes you Mikaela.) We were yelling, "we love you" and all that other great stupid kid things. You would almost think we were drunk but well it wouldn't be the first time that Mikaela and I together have been accused of that. (Got to love Target.) Kalaree had a great time with her friend and the seating was perfect. She was right near but able to talk and not have mom involved. She really is turning into a beautiful young lady. I am getting excited about the teenage years with her. (Had to put that in writing to remind me I wanted it later when I wonder if she will make it through alive.)
Kezri is still the social bug. School hasn't slowed that down. We are having to remind her on a regular basis that friends come after chores, etc. Today was a good day for her. She was wanting to stick around and help out. That is always nice when the simplest thing isn't a fit.
Kami was my buddy all day today. I decided that it was time to can some salsa. I have been missing it and wanted some real bad. Since I had farmers market checks from WIC to spend I figured that tomatoes would be a good choice for that. Kami went with me to farmers market and helped me pick out our tomatoes. We also bought some jalapenos while we were there. Kami helped chop up the green peppers. I even let her use a sharp knife. She was so cute being so careful not to cut herself. Then she left when I started the onions, they were pretty strong. However, she was back to help peel the tomatoes (or slime her as she called it.) Kami and I also canned a new recipe called root beer jelly. I still don't know how it turned out. I will have to try it tomorrow morning on my bagel and let everyone know. I figured it was be something nice on a peanut butter sandwich for the girl's lunches. We were able to get 8 pint size jars of the salsa and 3 pint size jars plus some of the jelly. I did end up burning myself by being stupid and reaching over a steaming pot to turn it down. Hopefully the hair on my arm will grow back quickly.
Tonight Dave and I got to go tot he adult only session of our regional conference. It was great to be able to do that. We try to get out just Dave and I as much as possible but lately we haven't been able to. Tonight was great. There were some awesome talks given, some dry ones too. But for the most part I was able to really get some stuff out of it that I needed to hear. I am looking forward to the conference tomorrow. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. I tend to talk myself out of going to these things, but the ones I go to I thoroughly enjoy so I just need to force myself to them. I guess getting there is all the battle, once there I always learn a lot and love what I hear.
Kalaree's first softball game is this Thursday at Mead at 4 pm. Her legs have been bothering her a lot, mostly from getting into the ready position. There are a lot of girls that have gone out for softball so they are thinking of dividing the team and making two. Kalaree still isn't' very good but at least she is giving it a good try. She is loving being in middle school. It is exciting to her to be able to have the freedom they offer there as well as the choices. Orchestra is going well. The songs they were playing last year are songs that this orchestra usually plays mid year, so she is ahead of the game.
Kezri's teacher is awesome. She has really been a great help with Kezri and her irlens. She has continued to ask her what she needs and has gone out of her way to make sure Kez is successful. This is why I was super excited about her getting this teacher. However, I hope by next year they have things figured out and that Kez is not in a 3rd grade class with 2nd graders.
Well I have written a small novel her. I guess I should try to break up my posting to more than one a week.
My schedule at work has finally picked up. I spent two days straight with back to back meetings that latest about 5 hours each. That is so draining when that happens. But on the plus side I finally have something to do and don't feel like I am wandering around looking for work.
Kalaree and I went to Keith Urban this week also. The Wreckers opened up for him and they were okay. I was kind of disappointed in them, almost wanted a little more. However, Keith Urban definitely brought it. I of course forgot my camera and so I am still waiting on pictures from Mikaela (before you say anything Mikaela about the Brad Paisley pictures, you at least had a camera at Brad I didn't have one at Keith.) It was a great night, I totally felt like I was back in high school, okay more like middle school that night. I need to be careful because my friends tend to lead me astray sometimes (yes you Mikaela.) We were yelling, "we love you" and all that other great stupid kid things. You would almost think we were drunk but well it wouldn't be the first time that Mikaela and I together have been accused of that. (Got to love Target.) Kalaree had a great time with her friend and the seating was perfect. She was right near but able to talk and not have mom involved. She really is turning into a beautiful young lady. I am getting excited about the teenage years with her. (Had to put that in writing to remind me I wanted it later when I wonder if she will make it through alive.)
Kezri is still the social bug. School hasn't slowed that down. We are having to remind her on a regular basis that friends come after chores, etc. Today was a good day for her. She was wanting to stick around and help out. That is always nice when the simplest thing isn't a fit.
Kami was my buddy all day today. I decided that it was time to can some salsa. I have been missing it and wanted some real bad. Since I had farmers market checks from WIC to spend I figured that tomatoes would be a good choice for that. Kami went with me to farmers market and helped me pick out our tomatoes. We also bought some jalapenos while we were there. Kami helped chop up the green peppers. I even let her use a sharp knife. She was so cute being so careful not to cut herself. Then she left when I started the onions, they were pretty strong. However, she was back to help peel the tomatoes (or slime her as she called it.) Kami and I also canned a new recipe called root beer jelly. I still don't know how it turned out. I will have to try it tomorrow morning on my bagel and let everyone know. I figured it was be something nice on a peanut butter sandwich for the girl's lunches. We were able to get 8 pint size jars of the salsa and 3 pint size jars plus some of the jelly. I did end up burning myself by being stupid and reaching over a steaming pot to turn it down. Hopefully the hair on my arm will grow back quickly.
Tonight Dave and I got to go tot he adult only session of our regional conference. It was great to be able to do that. We try to get out just Dave and I as much as possible but lately we haven't been able to. Tonight was great. There were some awesome talks given, some dry ones too. But for the most part I was able to really get some stuff out of it that I needed to hear. I am looking forward to the conference tomorrow. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. I tend to talk myself out of going to these things, but the ones I go to I thoroughly enjoy so I just need to force myself to them. I guess getting there is all the battle, once there I always learn a lot and love what I hear.
Kalaree's first softball game is this Thursday at Mead at 4 pm. Her legs have been bothering her a lot, mostly from getting into the ready position. There are a lot of girls that have gone out for softball so they are thinking of dividing the team and making two. Kalaree still isn't' very good but at least she is giving it a good try. She is loving being in middle school. It is exciting to her to be able to have the freedom they offer there as well as the choices. Orchestra is going well. The songs they were playing last year are songs that this orchestra usually plays mid year, so she is ahead of the game.
Kezri's teacher is awesome. She has really been a great help with Kezri and her irlens. She has continued to ask her what she needs and has gone out of her way to make sure Kez is successful. This is why I was super excited about her getting this teacher. However, I hope by next year they have things figured out and that Kez is not in a 3rd grade class with 2nd graders.
Well I have written a small novel her. I guess I should try to break up my posting to more than one a week.
Comments