Quick update.
Really we are just trying to get into the groove of being back in school and back to work.
Kalaree has joined softball. She seems to be enjoying it. The school has a policy that if you make every practice between games you play at least 50% of the game. Not a bad policy but then again there is a part of me that says you earn your spot onthe field. Kalaree has been making friends and learning to get around the middle school. I think that she will do great there.
Kezri has an awesome teacher this year. Very open to the Irlens. She has worked with Kezri to make sure that she is seated where she is comfortable and she has been wonderful about letting Kezri know that she can use what she needs. I haven't even had to ask about the homework on colored paper, she did that automatically. She is just really on the ball.
Kami started preschool yesterday. She is so glad to be back and she is the classroom helper right now since she is a returning student. She has a little boy from her primary class in there and it is so funny because Kami is really bossy to him. He makes him tow the line. It will be a change for the preschol teachers to see Kami act like that this year since last year she was so easy to work with and this year she will be all over Jake to follow the "rules."
David did not get the probation officer job. He ogt a letter in the mail telling him that they hired from within. We had suspected that they would since they only opened the position for 5 days. He did well though on the test and is #34 on the state probation officer pool.
I have been feeling a little run down the last few days. I have a sore throat that won't seeem to go away. i went to the Dr last night and they are treating it as strep even though the strep test was negative. however, the dr said it could be a plugged saliva duct, based on what some of my sympotms were. She said though peoplem with that are usually in severe pain and I was not presenting as such so she was going to go on the treat it and see what happens route. So a week of antibiotics for me. Plus since I have just started back and am bookoed solid the next couple of weeks with meetings, I don't really feel like I have time to take off.
Our ward boundaries were changed on Sunday and we lost the primary president. So I am pretty much pulling things together till they get a new one called. I am pretty sad to be leaving the primary. I have really enjoyed working with the kids and teaching them as well as learning from them. We also moved into the brand new church building. It is so beautiful. It is the same floor plan as the one on Nelson road but it has burgundy instead of the teal colors throughout. I love that there is a ton of classrooms and a ton of storage. Plus an outside door from the primary. No more carry things throughout the entire church. However, since I will be released when they call a new president I guess it doesn't make since to be excited about that.
Well I have a very busy day ahead so I better get moving.
Kalaree has joined softball. She seems to be enjoying it. The school has a policy that if you make every practice between games you play at least 50% of the game. Not a bad policy but then again there is a part of me that says you earn your spot onthe field. Kalaree has been making friends and learning to get around the middle school. I think that she will do great there.
Kezri has an awesome teacher this year. Very open to the Irlens. She has worked with Kezri to make sure that she is seated where she is comfortable and she has been wonderful about letting Kezri know that she can use what she needs. I haven't even had to ask about the homework on colored paper, she did that automatically. She is just really on the ball.
Kami started preschool yesterday. She is so glad to be back and she is the classroom helper right now since she is a returning student. She has a little boy from her primary class in there and it is so funny because Kami is really bossy to him. He makes him tow the line. It will be a change for the preschol teachers to see Kami act like that this year since last year she was so easy to work with and this year she will be all over Jake to follow the "rules."
David did not get the probation officer job. He ogt a letter in the mail telling him that they hired from within. We had suspected that they would since they only opened the position for 5 days. He did well though on the test and is #34 on the state probation officer pool.
I have been feeling a little run down the last few days. I have a sore throat that won't seeem to go away. i went to the Dr last night and they are treating it as strep even though the strep test was negative. however, the dr said it could be a plugged saliva duct, based on what some of my sympotms were. She said though peoplem with that are usually in severe pain and I was not presenting as such so she was going to go on the treat it and see what happens route. So a week of antibiotics for me. Plus since I have just started back and am bookoed solid the next couple of weeks with meetings, I don't really feel like I have time to take off.
Our ward boundaries were changed on Sunday and we lost the primary president. So I am pretty much pulling things together till they get a new one called. I am pretty sad to be leaving the primary. I have really enjoyed working with the kids and teaching them as well as learning from them. We also moved into the brand new church building. It is so beautiful. It is the same floor plan as the one on Nelson road but it has burgundy instead of the teal colors throughout. I love that there is a ton of classrooms and a ton of storage. Plus an outside door from the primary. No more carry things throughout the entire church. However, since I will be released when they call a new president I guess it doesn't make since to be excited about that.
Well I have a very busy day ahead so I better get moving.
Comments