#2
Seems to be our number lately.
I was asked to speak again in church. Actually lets be real what really happened was the 1st counselor called me on Saturday night to ask me to bear my testimony the next day since one of the speakers had cancelled on him. Instantly I feared 15 unplanned minutes in the primary room so I volunteered to prepare a talk. I think it went over real well for a Saturday night prepared. It was a simple subject. It was about teaching our children. So that makes #2 talk in 6 years, but all within 3 months.
David got a call back from Morning Star Boys Ranch and again he was #2. They said that it was really really close but they offered the position to someone else. So again a #2. There are days I wonder what the big plan is but I do understand that there is one and that I just have to wait it out and something will happen.
Kalaree has made a good friend, I am so excited for her. This friend spent all weekend over here. She helped make Kezri's Halloween costumes. Then her and Kalaree each made blankets. She helped Kalaree clean the church on Saturday and then went to co ed volleyball. Then she went to church with Kalaree on Sunday.
We finished Kezri's costume. She decided to be a tooth fairy. We made her a long tutu skirt and then a headband and wand that both had a tooth on it and then we made wings. All in all it turned out fairly cute. I will be posting pictures after Halloween.
Kami found the flower girls dresses from David's mom wedding and low and behold Kezri's dress fit her (well it fit her like it fit Kezri, the skirt constantly falling down.) She had to wear it church today. It was actually rather weird to look at her in that dress and all I could see was Kezri about three years ago.
Our Primary program is in two short weeks (another 2) and so is our teacher in service and primary carnival. Can we say that I am an over achiever. Our kids are struggling on some of the songs but well that has been a challenge this year. I do love my calling and an grateful for this opportunity.
I get to go out of town this week. I am looking forward to that. David is too. He plans to spend some time at the temple since our hotel is right next door practically. What a privilege for him. Well enough rambling from me tonight.
I was asked to speak again in church. Actually lets be real what really happened was the 1st counselor called me on Saturday night to ask me to bear my testimony the next day since one of the speakers had cancelled on him. Instantly I feared 15 unplanned minutes in the primary room so I volunteered to prepare a talk. I think it went over real well for a Saturday night prepared. It was a simple subject. It was about teaching our children. So that makes #2 talk in 6 years, but all within 3 months.
David got a call back from Morning Star Boys Ranch and again he was #2. They said that it was really really close but they offered the position to someone else. So again a #2. There are days I wonder what the big plan is but I do understand that there is one and that I just have to wait it out and something will happen.
Kalaree has made a good friend, I am so excited for her. This friend spent all weekend over here. She helped make Kezri's Halloween costumes. Then her and Kalaree each made blankets. She helped Kalaree clean the church on Saturday and then went to co ed volleyball. Then she went to church with Kalaree on Sunday.
We finished Kezri's costume. She decided to be a tooth fairy. We made her a long tutu skirt and then a headband and wand that both had a tooth on it and then we made wings. All in all it turned out fairly cute. I will be posting pictures after Halloween.
Kami found the flower girls dresses from David's mom wedding and low and behold Kezri's dress fit her (well it fit her like it fit Kezri, the skirt constantly falling down.) She had to wear it church today. It was actually rather weird to look at her in that dress and all I could see was Kezri about three years ago.
Our Primary program is in two short weeks (another 2) and so is our teacher in service and primary carnival. Can we say that I am an over achiever. Our kids are struggling on some of the songs but well that has been a challenge this year. I do love my calling and an grateful for this opportunity.
I get to go out of town this week. I am looking forward to that. David is too. He plans to spend some time at the temple since our hotel is right next door practically. What a privilege for him. Well enough rambling from me tonight.
Comments