Another day down.
I can't believe how fast this Christmas break is going. Seems like it has been forever since I was at work but at the same time it seems to be going by so fast. Weird how time treats us. Today was a typical day in the Smith family. Nothing planned turns into a long busy day. I started the day with getting primary stuff ready for the next year. My first counselor and I met at the church this morning and put together all brand new binders for each of the teachers, so on Sunday we can hand them out. We also got the choice sticks done and ready for next year for the kids. I like the change in things. My poor secretary is sick again. I feel so bad it just seems as if she can't catch a break with her pregnancy and is always sick. I so remember those morning sick days but she is also getting one cold after another and I hated the one I got with my pregnancies I would not wish any more than that on one person. She has been a trooper though offering to do whatever she can at home. I got the newsletter ready to go out tomorrow and so that is on schedule. Maybe, just maybe, as a presidency we will be able to finally do some fun stuff now that the whole program/nativity stuff is out of the way. I am so excited for next year's theme in primary. I can't wait to introduce it to the children. In fact I was thinking it might be fun to have our first sharing time set up as a family meeting in Heaven since the first lesson, is "I am a child of God. I lived with Him in the premortal world. I am created in His image." Not sure how to pull it off but since we are the first ward there in the morning I could go in the night before to decorate. I don't know I need to think on it some more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on it.
Anyways back to our day. As I was leaving this mornings thing I got a call form our friends the Stapfs. Their daughter Bonnie was a really good friend to Kami and well let's be real I love Delayne and Dave and Brett got along great too. They are back in town from California for the holidays and wanted to get together. So off course we made lunch plans and sledding plans for the afternoon. It was so nice to sit and visit with them during lunch and for the kids to get to play. Hopefully they will be able to come over one more time before they leave to allow the kids more time together.
Sledding went the same as last time. Kalaree hit the hills a few times, more this time though. Kezri was all about the sled and Kami was a maniac. David took her over to the big hill and there was actually a wait at it and she was not going for that. Finally she came back over to the other hill so that she could at least go down more than once every ten minutes. The girls loved their new snow tubes. Kezri even got some great air on it. Kami almost did but she leaned at the right time and was able to stay down on the ground.
Once we got home, I made a huge pot of Holly's homemade hot cocoa, the good stuff not from a mix. Which was a hit with the mini marshmallows in it. Kezri then invited a friend to come and stay the night so that she could go to church with us the next day. I had been promising her that this friend could stay but just hadn't found the right time and so this is the night. We all then played on the multiple computers in the house (what techies we are, three computers going at one time.) Then off to the hot tub and now finally I think the last have gone to bed.
We also bought our tickets to First Night Spokane today. This is the first time that we are going to it. I have heard such great stuff about it. Chessica is also going to come down and bring Braidey. I am so excited. Chessica, check out the site and let me know if there is any particular thing that you want to make sure that we hit. Anyone else is welcome to come and go with us if you are in this neck of the woods.
Not much else going on around here. I am really trying to just enjoy this last week off. Time is going so fast and it won't be long and I will back in the working world again.
Anyways back to our day. As I was leaving this mornings thing I got a call form our friends the Stapfs. Their daughter Bonnie was a really good friend to Kami and well let's be real I love Delayne and Dave and Brett got along great too. They are back in town from California for the holidays and wanted to get together. So off course we made lunch plans and sledding plans for the afternoon. It was so nice to sit and visit with them during lunch and for the kids to get to play. Hopefully they will be able to come over one more time before they leave to allow the kids more time together.
Sledding went the same as last time. Kalaree hit the hills a few times, more this time though. Kezri was all about the sled and Kami was a maniac. David took her over to the big hill and there was actually a wait at it and she was not going for that. Finally she came back over to the other hill so that she could at least go down more than once every ten minutes. The girls loved their new snow tubes. Kezri even got some great air on it. Kami almost did but she leaned at the right time and was able to stay down on the ground.
Once we got home, I made a huge pot of Holly's homemade hot cocoa, the good stuff not from a mix. Which was a hit with the mini marshmallows in it. Kezri then invited a friend to come and stay the night so that she could go to church with us the next day. I had been promising her that this friend could stay but just hadn't found the right time and so this is the night. We all then played on the multiple computers in the house (what techies we are, three computers going at one time.) Then off to the hot tub and now finally I think the last have gone to bed.
We also bought our tickets to First Night Spokane today. This is the first time that we are going to it. I have heard such great stuff about it. Chessica is also going to come down and bring Braidey. I am so excited. Chessica, check out the site and let me know if there is any particular thing that you want to make sure that we hit. Anyone else is welcome to come and go with us if you are in this neck of the woods.
Not much else going on around here. I am really trying to just enjoy this last week off. Time is going so fast and it won't be long and I will back in the working world again.
Comments