Bowling party.
The party was a great big hit. All of Kezri's friend showed and Kami had 3 of the five show. The kids all had a great time and the parents kept telling me what a great idea. It worked out well with Kami on the one lane and Kezri on the other. I had to fight for the end lanes, they wanted to put me in the middle, right between a large party for group health and another birthday party, there was no way I was going to try to keep 12 kids within two lane spaces. They finally agreed to put me on the end and it worked out so well, since once the little ones got tired of bowling they just chased each other in circles around the wheel chair ramp and the stairs that were on that side. We had one meltdown by Kami because she didn't have as many friends as Kezri show, but then one of Kezri's friend had a little brother that is Kami's age and he wanted to bowl so we told her that he came to be her friend and she was happy as could be to have another friend there. The party lasted the full three hours since there were a few stragglers that wanted to keep bowling. By the end I was just plan wiped out. But I came home and went to bed and woke up this morning with the dread of what I have left to do. You know all that Christmas hustle and bustle.







I dreamt last night that I had forgotten about the nativity that is this Sunday and that I didn't have all the pieces that I needed, like Kezri's and Kami's costume and the backdrop and the risers (since our building doesn't have a stage.) Then this less active family showed up and they didn't have costumes and the parent wanted them to have a part and while I was running around trying to get everything together she was following me around telling me how to do it. Finally, I sat her down and told her to lay off. Of course this was all in a dream and that would never happen, but maybe this is the Lord's way of telling me to call her and see if her kids would like to come and be angels and sheppard for us.
I plan to get out the sewing machine and serger today to start on the costumes and the stockings that I am making. With intermediate breaks to make the elf slippers. I really need to start my to do list and then start crossing things off as I finish them that is the only way I get through things this time of year. Plus I need to sit down with the girls and lay out who we are going caroling too and what goodies we are going to make for that.
I gave out small gifts to my co workers this year in order to throw them off from the sweat shirts. I gave them a two liter bottle of root beer and a can of chili. I know sounds weird but the card read "Have yourself a rootin' tootin' Christmas" They all thought it was a hoot.
Well off to jump in the shower since I have my running around to do today to get all the supplies I need for the next couple of days.
I dreamt last night that I had forgotten about the nativity that is this Sunday and that I didn't have all the pieces that I needed, like Kezri's and Kami's costume and the backdrop and the risers (since our building doesn't have a stage.) Then this less active family showed up and they didn't have costumes and the parent wanted them to have a part and while I was running around trying to get everything together she was following me around telling me how to do it. Finally, I sat her down and told her to lay off. Of course this was all in a dream and that would never happen, but maybe this is the Lord's way of telling me to call her and see if her kids would like to come and be angels and sheppard for us.
I plan to get out the sewing machine and serger today to start on the costumes and the stockings that I am making. With intermediate breaks to make the elf slippers. I really need to start my to do list and then start crossing things off as I finish them that is the only way I get through things this time of year. Plus I need to sit down with the girls and lay out who we are going caroling too and what goodies we are going to make for that.
I gave out small gifts to my co workers this year in order to throw them off from the sweat shirts. I gave them a two liter bottle of root beer and a can of chili. I know sounds weird but the card read "Have yourself a rootin' tootin' Christmas" They all thought it was a hoot.
Well off to jump in the shower since I have my running around to do today to get all the supplies I need for the next couple of days.
Comments