Kezri's big day.
Sorry this is a day or so late. Kezri's baptism was on Saturday. It was a wonderful baptism. Grandma O made her dress. I love that tradition. Everytime a new white dress comes into our house we have to pull out the other ones and show the girls their first white dresses. Kami was so happy with hers that she she wanted to keep it in her closet. Mom had to say no of course. I did promise her that when she was much older she could have the dress and maybe even use it for her daughter. That made her extermely happy. Our stake here does the stake baptisms and they are rather nice. I was lucky enough to be asked to give the opening prayer, which I must say is rather difficult while bawling. Brother Phil Huber, High counselor over Primary, was conducting. Sister Kulish, the 2nd counselor of the stake Primary Presidency and in our ward, gave a wonderful talk on baptism using pennies and an Alka Seltzer to show the difference between a mighty change of heart and just a baptism. The activity girls from the Moran Prairie ward sang "I Love to Look for Rainbows." I only knew one of the girls and that was Lily Coleman. They use to be in our ward but the boundary chages forced them to other ward. Then Sister Shirley, the Stake Primary President, spoke on the Holy Ghost it was rather simple talk but it was a good talk on what the Holy Ghost was. There were two other girls that were baptized that same day and they went first. We were then dismissed to the primary room where David baptized Kezri. Kezri says that the water was cold, which I tend to believe since she was almost blue while she was changing from her jumper back into her dress. David then confirmed her. Bishop Denise Dipo, Grandpa O., Brother Don Mittlestadt, and Brother Chalres Selbe all stood in the cirlce.
Kezri in her dress:

Dad and Kezri at the church:

Dad, Kezri and Bishop Dipo:

Highlights of the baptism:
*Kezri beaming from ear to ear.
*Grandma and Grandpa O coming down and bringing a gorgeous dress.
*Aunt Brandi, Aunt Tess, Uncle Jeff, and Jared showing up right before it started (the biggest reason I was in tears.) They don't know how much it meant to me to have them there. I know that they all had to make some HUGE sacrifices to get there.
*Kami shouting, "WE SUNK HER!!!!" over and over again right after Kezri came out of the water.
*Sister Mittlestadt's piano playing. I really miss her in our primary. But love taht she is still available at any time.
*Charles leading hte music.
*Aunt Tess giving the closing prayer.
*Sister Diane Dipo, Bishop's wife and Kezri's Primary teacher, and Sister Thomasene Lybbert, another Primary Teacher, coming to show their support as well as the Bishop and Brother Darrel Holmes the second counselor in the bishopric.
*Grandpa O and Bishop Dipo acting as the witnesses.
All in all a great day.
Kezri in her dress:
Dad and Kezri at the church:
Dad, Kezri and Bishop Dipo:
Highlights of the baptism:
*Kezri beaming from ear to ear.
*Grandma and Grandpa O coming down and bringing a gorgeous dress.
*Aunt Brandi, Aunt Tess, Uncle Jeff, and Jared showing up right before it started (the biggest reason I was in tears.) They don't know how much it meant to me to have them there. I know that they all had to make some HUGE sacrifices to get there.
*Kami shouting, "WE SUNK HER!!!!" over and over again right after Kezri came out of the water.
*Sister Mittlestadt's piano playing. I really miss her in our primary. But love taht she is still available at any time.
*Charles leading hte music.
*Aunt Tess giving the closing prayer.
*Sister Diane Dipo, Bishop's wife and Kezri's Primary teacher, and Sister Thomasene Lybbert, another Primary Teacher, coming to show their support as well as the Bishop and Brother Darrel Holmes the second counselor in the bishopric.
*Grandpa O and Bishop Dipo acting as the witnesses.
All in all a great day.
Comments