Exciting news...
We got the home loan. Well we got the first part of the home loan. It is rather complicated, I think I understand it based on what the mortgage guy explained, but essentially when you apply for a home loan it goes through a computerized weed out type of thing. If the loan has too many "red flags" then it is an automatic refusal. Well because of our history, the student loans, the income, etc. He suggested that we only apply for the amount that matches 2.5% of our income. That way it isn't automatically rejected at the computer but an actual person is then working the file. So that happened and we got approved for that lesser amount. Now because we don't have a ton of debt we can go back and ask for an increase in the loan. I was reassured that this happens all the time. So as it stands right now we are approved and we could buy a home for that amount but we have a home that cost more and so we are asking for more. Still a waiting game. Which is fine, Life is a waiting game when you come to think of it. Hurry up to wait. But now that we have the approval it shouldn't take as long to get the increase. Our payments with the increase is exactly what we had figured we could afford so that is nice. I am just so excited that we are that much closer.
Comments
Congrats!