Not house related
I realized that lately all I have talked about is the house and the loan. So I figured this blog would be the one that has nothing to do about the house and loan in it.
First, Kalaree got her report card for the semester. I have to say that even with all the school problems junior high has been good for her. She had 3 As, 2 Bs and 1 C. The C was in science. That is such a change then what she has been getting the last couple of years. Kalaree really is a girl that needs the clear defined rules and she will give you it. Her elementary teachers wanted her to wow them and she never did, but now that she is in Junior high she has clear defined expectations and she delivers those. Kalaree also has another talk in church on Sunday. They said she can talk on any on the young women values that she wants. She picked Knowledge. I have stayed away and let her write her own talk this time. I have no clue what she even wrote so we shall she what comes of it tomorrow.
Kezri has been hanging out with friends as often as possible. She is such a social butterfly. She also had her test for the gifted program and she said it went well that it was hard but not impossible. Now watch she will get in and we will be moving her to another district.
Kami is still loving preschool. She got a new little girl in her preschool that we knew previously so she was happy to have her. However, the new little girl is three going on four and Kami has decided that she is too old to play with the little ones. She is the typical five year old. Thinking that she is now old enough to do whatever it is that she wants and she doesn't have to listen to anyone else. She loves to talk. She has started to have an opinion about everything and she is not afraid to tell whoever she wants. Any time any one of you want to call and talk to her please do that is a few minutes that I can have a quick break.
Tori is home again. She loves to be outside, but since the huge snow storm she hasn't really tried to make a break for it. Knock on wood. I really hope she can just settle in.
My school has not clearly defined what we are going to do about the snow days yet. They have talked about doing what Spokane schools are doing and increasing the day by 1/2 hour. The teachers are throwing a fit about it. They can not see how 1/2 hour each day is better. I tend to agree with them on that but really it doesn't matter to me. There has been a ton of rumors lately that I am not returning next year and that Adric is going to take his old job back. So I met with both the director of special ed and with the union rep to make sure that is not the case and I was reassured that there is no way I could be bumped. I have a position in Medical Lake next year. I am also very busy crocheting. I have four different projects going. One is a gown for a friend and then the other three are patterns that are in testing for the crochet garden web site. I swear Brandi you need to get one of her patterns they really are the best that I have come across.
David has applied for several jobs lately. One probation officer job, a juvenile correction officer, a director of a preschool (Kami's), a job recruiter and a booking clerk for Geiger. David got a card in teh mail telling him that his placement on the civil service list is 10 which is for the probation job and that is really good, now if they don't hire from the union then he may have a chance. He was one of 10 applicants for the director of the preschool job. But that doesn't mean anything really since that is a weird one for him to apply for anyways. Now it is back to that waiting game thing to see if we hear anything from any of those.
So see we are doing things around here rather than just sitting and waiting. We have stayed busy and now back to the waiting game of life.
First, Kalaree got her report card for the semester. I have to say that even with all the school problems junior high has been good for her. She had 3 As, 2 Bs and 1 C. The C was in science. That is such a change then what she has been getting the last couple of years. Kalaree really is a girl that needs the clear defined rules and she will give you it. Her elementary teachers wanted her to wow them and she never did, but now that she is in Junior high she has clear defined expectations and she delivers those. Kalaree also has another talk in church on Sunday. They said she can talk on any on the young women values that she wants. She picked Knowledge. I have stayed away and let her write her own talk this time. I have no clue what she even wrote so we shall she what comes of it tomorrow.
Kezri has been hanging out with friends as often as possible. She is such a social butterfly. She also had her test for the gifted program and she said it went well that it was hard but not impossible. Now watch she will get in and we will be moving her to another district.
Kami is still loving preschool. She got a new little girl in her preschool that we knew previously so she was happy to have her. However, the new little girl is three going on four and Kami has decided that she is too old to play with the little ones. She is the typical five year old. Thinking that she is now old enough to do whatever it is that she wants and she doesn't have to listen to anyone else. She loves to talk. She has started to have an opinion about everything and she is not afraid to tell whoever she wants. Any time any one of you want to call and talk to her please do that is a few minutes that I can have a quick break.
Tori is home again. She loves to be outside, but since the huge snow storm she hasn't really tried to make a break for it. Knock on wood. I really hope she can just settle in.
My school has not clearly defined what we are going to do about the snow days yet. They have talked about doing what Spokane schools are doing and increasing the day by 1/2 hour. The teachers are throwing a fit about it. They can not see how 1/2 hour each day is better. I tend to agree with them on that but really it doesn't matter to me. There has been a ton of rumors lately that I am not returning next year and that Adric is going to take his old job back. So I met with both the director of special ed and with the union rep to make sure that is not the case and I was reassured that there is no way I could be bumped. I have a position in Medical Lake next year. I am also very busy crocheting. I have four different projects going. One is a gown for a friend and then the other three are patterns that are in testing for the crochet garden web site. I swear Brandi you need to get one of her patterns they really are the best that I have come across.
David has applied for several jobs lately. One probation officer job, a juvenile correction officer, a director of a preschool (Kami's), a job recruiter and a booking clerk for Geiger. David got a card in teh mail telling him that his placement on the civil service list is 10 which is for the probation job and that is really good, now if they don't hire from the union then he may have a chance. He was one of 10 applicants for the director of the preschool job. But that doesn't mean anything really since that is a weird one for him to apply for anyways. Now it is back to that waiting game thing to see if we hear anything from any of those.
So see we are doing things around here rather than just sitting and waiting. We have stayed busy and now back to the waiting game of life.
Comments