Inspired Revelation
I have never been one to keep a journal. I always wanted to but when push came to shove it was never past a month that I would continue to write in it. I actually started this blog as a way that friends and family could keep in touch as to what we as a family were doing. Little did I know that it would be the journal that I never thought I would be able to keep. I spent the last couple of day printing (on acid free paper) all of the posts from the last year or so and putting them in a three ring binder. It was great. I was reading about all the struggles of being an intern, of writing a thesis, of being a parent, etc. It seems like forever ago that was all going on yet it also feels like yesterday. It really is a blessing to be able to go back and see all that has gone on in my life and what I was feeling and how that has changed since the time of the event. It truly amazes me how simple little things can make such a huge difference in your life. It also just reaffirms to me what a blessing it is to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. To have the teachings and the blessings that come for it. Must be that it is Fast Sunday that I am so mushy today. I seem to get bombarded with spiritual opportunities on this Sunday each month. I go to Ward Council in the morning ( I really should call it middle of night because that is what it seems to me), I do Sharing time, and we have fast and testimony meeting all in one day.
Today my sharing time was on "Jesus Christ is my Savior." The sharing time went fine but it wasn't one of those that I leave feeling like the world could end tomorrow because my sharing time was awesome. The point was brought across but not sure how well. We lost our last Valiant 12 today too. I know March and all the 11 year olds have already turned 12. It really isn't hard when you only have two to start with. However, this one was a tough one for me to lose. I really have a special place in my heart for her. Not sure if it because I was able to connect with her like no one else or if it was because well her attitude challenged me into trying to break through to her. She will make a great young women, she will have many challenges and as long as she holds to the testimony that she has she will do fine.
My Stake Primary President said something this last couple of weeks that has been weighing heavy on my mind. In general it is that the primary is where the children get their testimonies. After they leave primary those testimonies are tested and those that have that great foundation will do fine and those that don't will struggle. It makes me really wonder if the Lord truly knew what he was doing putting me in charge. I know I prayed hard for this calling. I didn't want to leave primary, but really does he truly think I can pull it together? I pray each day that I am able to make sure that I teach true principles and stay true to the scriptures. But you never know when that one oops is going to come and will that be the one that causes someone pain.
Okay enough ooey gooey stuff for one day. Love you all.
Today my sharing time was on "Jesus Christ is my Savior." The sharing time went fine but it wasn't one of those that I leave feeling like the world could end tomorrow because my sharing time was awesome. The point was brought across but not sure how well. We lost our last Valiant 12 today too. I know March and all the 11 year olds have already turned 12. It really isn't hard when you only have two to start with. However, this one was a tough one for me to lose. I really have a special place in my heart for her. Not sure if it because I was able to connect with her like no one else or if it was because well her attitude challenged me into trying to break through to her. She will make a great young women, she will have many challenges and as long as she holds to the testimony that she has she will do fine.
My Stake Primary President said something this last couple of weeks that has been weighing heavy on my mind. In general it is that the primary is where the children get their testimonies. After they leave primary those testimonies are tested and those that have that great foundation will do fine and those that don't will struggle. It makes me really wonder if the Lord truly knew what he was doing putting me in charge. I know I prayed hard for this calling. I didn't want to leave primary, but really does he truly think I can pull it together? I pray each day that I am able to make sure that I teach true principles and stay true to the scriptures. But you never know when that one oops is going to come and will that be the one that causes someone pain.
Okay enough ooey gooey stuff for one day. Love you all.
Comments