Kezri report card.

We had Kezri's parent teacher conference last night and she did quite well. Above grade level in writing and reading and meeting targets in math. She still struggles with other kids getting their turn but she is at least working on it.

I was really impressed with her writing. She really has a big talent there. Some examples of her writing are:

In a five paragraph essay(yes, my second grader is writing five paragraph essays)about why summer is so great so wrote, "I lay my heavy head down on my comfy pillow and feel my flannel pajamas swish across my legs." Yes that was from Kezri.

She also turned a writing assignment about scrambling eggs into a three page paper saying things like, "I gathered the metal spoon from the drawer and noticed my reflection in it." She didn't scramble the eggs until page three.

Kezri doesn't appreciate math as much because she has to go back and check her work more often. It really surprises me though because I loved math and I have yet to have a daughter that likes it like me. Maybe that will be Kami, who knows.

The teacher did say that Kezri is rather creative in her dealings with others. Appartently, there were two third grade girls that weren't allowing Kezri to use the slide so she called them "piglet and hog." The teacher said it was realy hard for her not to break out laughing when the third graders came to tattle on her. She was like, "really, do you have a pig snot and a curly tail? Go about your day and let it go." Pretty hard to discipline a child while you are laughing at their behavior. I guess there is so much worse she could of said and she at least had the refrain to call them a piglet and a hog. :) Well the bell has rung and so I am out of here for a whole week and them some. Have a great day people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.