Too many red flags
David is not taking the job. Basically the guy asked David to come in today and explain why David was worth the amount of money that he was asking for. So David did and the guy said yes he felt he was but that he didn't have the money right now so what he wanted to do was offer him the job at the $12 an hour rate and in 2 months increase it to the rate David was asking for.
Pros to the job:
-Paid work experience
-Hopefully a pay check (more will be explained later)
Cons:
-The guy doesn't want to pay workers what they are worth. He only wants part time employees and to pay minimum wage. Sounds like contract labor to me right? Well I found out after the fact he can't use places like that anymore because he owes them all money.
-He wants David to bring in his own laptop to use instead of having access to the office computer.
-While David was talking to him today, A "friend" of the owner came in and said that a customer was refusing to pay for a job that was just completed.
-This guy just laid off all of the employees that he had working for him because they were "stealing from him." Some actual products and some time.
-The guy wants to base his paycheck/salary off of the jobs completed. So basically, if they lose money then no pay increase, etc.
At this point we both don't feel comfortable with this and that it would most likely be in our best interest for him to not take the position. We still have the internship thing with DVR that is available to him. So I think for our family in their best interest this is what we need to do. It really is to bad. I am sure David would do great there but really it needs to be right too. Plus as dad told me when I called to ask his advice, "good choices open up doors, while bad choices close them." So we are going to wait and see what the Lord has in plan. Plus I like the fact that since David won't be working we will have next week together. I am sure it will all work out it always does. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Pros to the job:
-Paid work experience
-Hopefully a pay check (more will be explained later)
Cons:
-The guy doesn't want to pay workers what they are worth. He only wants part time employees and to pay minimum wage. Sounds like contract labor to me right? Well I found out after the fact he can't use places like that anymore because he owes them all money.
-He wants David to bring in his own laptop to use instead of having access to the office computer.
-While David was talking to him today, A "friend" of the owner came in and said that a customer was refusing to pay for a job that was just completed.
-This guy just laid off all of the employees that he had working for him because they were "stealing from him." Some actual products and some time.
-The guy wants to base his paycheck/salary off of the jobs completed. So basically, if they lose money then no pay increase, etc.
At this point we both don't feel comfortable with this and that it would most likely be in our best interest for him to not take the position. We still have the internship thing with DVR that is available to him. So I think for our family in their best interest this is what we need to do. It really is to bad. I am sure David would do great there but really it needs to be right too. Plus as dad told me when I called to ask his advice, "good choices open up doors, while bad choices close them." So we are going to wait and see what the Lord has in plan. Plus I like the fact that since David won't be working we will have next week together. I am sure it will all work out it always does. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Comments
Anyways, I hope that everything goes well for him with Red Lion! You guys are the best, and something will happen soon, it's got to! :)