No big surprises.
David was suppose to hear from Red Lion on Friday but didn't, which isn't a big surprise. Hopefully, we will hear something from them on Monday.
I did hear from my director that my position will be a half time position next year. So I am applying for many different positions around the state and some are out of state. Hopefully something will come through.
My mom had her pace maker replaced this last week and she is doing really well. She was in surgery on Monday and then stayed till Wednesday in the hospital and went home Wednesday morning. She looked really good on Wednesday morning when I saw her. I really hope that this will help and that she starts to feel better.
Not much else has been happening around here. Just the usually out and about. I love that the weather has changed and that we can finally get out of the house and walk around, ride bikes, etc. The girls love it too.
Kami has made a few friends on the complex. Which has been nice but I forgot how awful those first friends hanging out days are. they cry when their friends can't play and they cry when they can. Oh till she gets into some sort of pattern. Kami is also really good at playing by herself. This is what I found her doing today.
Oh those lazy Sundays. She does play a mean game of checkers. She just didn't have anyone to play against so she figured out a new game.
Tot went to church today with us. The nursery and the sunbeams had a lesson on animals and so she went as a show and tell. Tot did great. She sat on my lap and took peanuts from the little ones and did everything that she should including climbing up the inside of my shirt (okay maybe she shouldn't of done that.)
Kalaree had their big YW dinner and auction yesterday. She is such a beautiful girl. She is one of the most dependable girls that they have. It is a blessing and a curse at the same time. It helps me learn too. We had a slight problem with that the YW presidency decided that Kalaree and another YW would do the children's room along with two YM (it was a YW/YM fundraiser) Well of course the leaders never checked in on her her and neither the other YW or the YM showed up to do their part so Kalaree ended up in the children's class with over 10 kids by herself. She was in tears by the end of the night. I did talk with the YW president about how even though she is very responsible that you can't dump on a 12 year old. I learned that I need to be aware of what responsibilities I am handing out and too make sure that no one is overwhelmed with them. It has been so great to be in such a learning position. I am truly grateful for that.
I also am truly getting better at not stirring the pot. I am such an impulsive person and usually do things before I even think about what could possibly happen because of it. Well last night a member of our ward that is very well known for gossiping was telling everyone that I was pregnant. No clue where she got that from but in the past I would of just confronted her and not care what the consequences were but last night I didn't. Aren't you proud of me? I walked away and figured that it really doesn't matter. I know the truth and when people ask I will just tell them that is not the case and let it go. In the end I won't have to worry about it because I will not be the one that looks like a fool. Plus everyone really does know what she is like so it is not my problem.
Well not much else going on around here. This novel pretty much sums up our week.
I did hear from my director that my position will be a half time position next year. So I am applying for many different positions around the state and some are out of state. Hopefully something will come through.
My mom had her pace maker replaced this last week and she is doing really well. She was in surgery on Monday and then stayed till Wednesday in the hospital and went home Wednesday morning. She looked really good on Wednesday morning when I saw her. I really hope that this will help and that she starts to feel better.
Not much else has been happening around here. Just the usually out and about. I love that the weather has changed and that we can finally get out of the house and walk around, ride bikes, etc. The girls love it too.
Kami has made a few friends on the complex. Which has been nice but I forgot how awful those first friends hanging out days are. they cry when their friends can't play and they cry when they can. Oh till she gets into some sort of pattern. Kami is also really good at playing by herself. This is what I found her doing today.
Oh those lazy Sundays. She does play a mean game of checkers. She just didn't have anyone to play against so she figured out a new game.
Tot went to church today with us. The nursery and the sunbeams had a lesson on animals and so she went as a show and tell. Tot did great. She sat on my lap and took peanuts from the little ones and did everything that she should including climbing up the inside of my shirt (okay maybe she shouldn't of done that.)
Kalaree had their big YW dinner and auction yesterday. She is such a beautiful girl. She is one of the most dependable girls that they have. It is a blessing and a curse at the same time. It helps me learn too. We had a slight problem with that the YW presidency decided that Kalaree and another YW would do the children's room along with two YM (it was a YW/YM fundraiser) Well of course the leaders never checked in on her her and neither the other YW or the YM showed up to do their part so Kalaree ended up in the children's class with over 10 kids by herself. She was in tears by the end of the night. I did talk with the YW president about how even though she is very responsible that you can't dump on a 12 year old. I learned that I need to be aware of what responsibilities I am handing out and too make sure that no one is overwhelmed with them. It has been so great to be in such a learning position. I am truly grateful for that.
I also am truly getting better at not stirring the pot. I am such an impulsive person and usually do things before I even think about what could possibly happen because of it. Well last night a member of our ward that is very well known for gossiping was telling everyone that I was pregnant. No clue where she got that from but in the past I would of just confronted her and not care what the consequences were but last night I didn't. Aren't you proud of me? I walked away and figured that it really doesn't matter. I know the truth and when people ask I will just tell them that is not the case and let it go. In the end I won't have to worry about it because I will not be the one that looks like a fool. Plus everyone really does know what she is like so it is not my problem.
Well not much else going on around here. This novel pretty much sums up our week.
Comments