My deep hidden secret.

I am a reality tv show junkie. Now don't get me wrong I am ssssooo not into the dating ones. Seeing a girl and guy making out over and over with many different people is not my cup of tea, but I love the performance ones. Now having said that I am not a die hard till the end type of fan either. I just want to watch the beginning ones were the people have no clue that they shouldn't even be on the stage and yet they stand up there and tell the judges that the judges are not in touch with reality. Oh you crazy people.

I mean come on who hasn't loved watching the "American Idol" auditions and not laughed at the William Chungs that fall flat on their faces right at the audition or the Sanjayas that actual can sing but then get up next to the real competition and lose it. I do have to say that this year the "Idol" really had some good singer which I think turned me off the long term watching even more. I didn't make it past the LA week this year since so many were so good.

So lately my TV watching time has been consumed with "So You Think You Can Dance." This obsession came about 2 seasons ago when Bengi was on there. I did watch that season till the end. I even started routing for Bengi and low and behold guess who won. However he very next season I made it through Vegas week and was done. This seasons has not disappointed either. Last night I watched as they held auditions in Salt Lake City, UT. Of course there are going to be dancer there, land of the the princess tutus in my mind. What good LDS girl has not had a stunt in gymnastics or dance? Lots of good dancers but my personal fave was the mother of 4 children, all under the age of 6, and all with her, that hadn't danced since she was 14 and that was tap, got it into her head that she could pick up hip hop and dance good enough to get on the show, mind you this lady was 29. You would think that in era of YouTube and Internet that you wouldn't do anything on a video recording device that in many years to come would come back to haunt you. But in her defense she was at least brave enough to stand up there and give it a try.

Also I LOVE "Hell's Kitchen," again it is people making complete fools of themselves over and over again. This obsession started also two seasons ago. I missed the first season. I love watching the people try their hardest to create food and to see it sometime just flop. I find myself while watching this show wishing that there was some kind of smell-a-vision or taste-a-vision so that I could know if the dishes really are as bad as they are portrayed or if they are just simply for the camera. However, I do have to admit that this year, watching Chef Gordon Ramsey loosing his lunch over a white chocolate, caper, and some kind of meat, made me think, who would put that together? But then again I recently had white chocolate covered popcorn and I wouldn't of considered that to be tasty but it was so good.

You also can't talk about people making fools of themselves on reality TV without talking about "Americans Next Top Model." I am so lucky because MTV plays all the old seasons shows back to back, so you can watch from start to finish in one day. The really bad thing about doing that is that sometimes (the seasons that I have already watched) I know who wins and I still find myself thinking someone else should of, could of, would of if only...

Both "Hell's Kitchen" and "Americas Next Top Model" are shows I do watch from start to finish and could watch them over and over again. So there you have it. I am a reality TV show junky and I am finally coming out of the closet. I will no longer hide in shame because I can wait to get home and play the last hour of "So You Think You Can Dance" that I missed last night. I will hold my head high when I am watching "Hell's Kitchen" and laughing at Chef Ramsey calling someone a donkey because they are sweating in the pasta. Rest assured though that while I have an obsession about these shows, I have no desire to attempt any involvement on my end at all. Not unless someone is willing to give me a huge amount of money because then when someone somewhere blogs about what a freak I am it was worth it.

Comments

Mikaela said…
I like more reality tv than you do. neaner, neaner, neaner! HEHEHEHE! I like the Bachelor too! I'm sorry, what can I say? I just do! I wonder who is going to win Hell's Kitchen. As you know, I'm a big fan too!

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.