Weekend wrap up...
It was a fairly busy weekend considering that I had no plans to begin with. On Saturday, Grandpa Mike came into town and took the family to breakfast. The girls had a great time eating and talking/playing with Grandpa. He even taught them how to fold a dollar bill into a shirt to leave for tips. Then we visited for a bit outside of the restaurant as Kami ran Ralphie wild. Poor dog couldn't stop for two minutes.
Saturday afternoon David and Kalaree did baptisms for the dead. We had a big stake day for the youth and the goal was 1000 baptisms and 1000 confirmations and they did 1300+ baptisms and 1600+ confirmations. It was a great experience for both David and Kalaree to do together. It will be hard to leave behind our temple here. Hopefully, we will be just as close to another whether we are.
While David and Kalaree were doing that Kami, Kezri and I went to McKay's birthday party. It was fun. Mikaela had her mom and a couple of her sisters and a cousin come. There was about 8 kids in total at the party. We got McKay a pair of cars crocs which were his favorite gift, he even slept in them that night. HAHAHAHA!!!!

***Picture stolen from Mikaela's blog***
Sunday was fast Sunday which means I have sharing time and ward council. i also forgot that I signed up to feed the missionaries, so that meant a mad dash to clean the house. I am so glad we did. It was really nice to see the girls interacting with the Elders and just having a good time. Really warms my heart to see how the girls are turning out.
I also started a crochet pattern for a baby that is being born in our ward. The shower is in a couple of weeks.
I still need to figure out Mother's day. The ward decided that the Elders quorum and the young men were going to teach and so now I am trying to figure out how to make all that happen without me here. Plus David has to work on Saturday. Why can't life be way more simple?
David has today off, hence the mention of working Saturday in the paragraph above. He is really loving his job and all that he is learning as well as able to do. It has been good for him. Kami is having a rough time of it but I think that she is starting to come around and that she will adjust just in time for summer to hit and I get to be home.
Well last but not least I haven't heard from Battle Ground but the principal here said she talked with her today for a reference and said that they said to, "let Holly know that we will be in touch soon." I sure hope that is a good sign. My director said he hasn't heard from them yet so maybe he is next, but he was out here today so fingers crossed that when he gets back into the office the call is waiting for him.
Other than that we are just making it work one day at a time around here. Loves to all.
Saturday afternoon David and Kalaree did baptisms for the dead. We had a big stake day for the youth and the goal was 1000 baptisms and 1000 confirmations and they did 1300+ baptisms and 1600+ confirmations. It was a great experience for both David and Kalaree to do together. It will be hard to leave behind our temple here. Hopefully, we will be just as close to another whether we are.
While David and Kalaree were doing that Kami, Kezri and I went to McKay's birthday party. It was fun. Mikaela had her mom and a couple of her sisters and a cousin come. There was about 8 kids in total at the party. We got McKay a pair of cars crocs which were his favorite gift, he even slept in them that night. HAHAHAHA!!!!

***Picture stolen from Mikaela's blog***
Sunday was fast Sunday which means I have sharing time and ward council. i also forgot that I signed up to feed the missionaries, so that meant a mad dash to clean the house. I am so glad we did. It was really nice to see the girls interacting with the Elders and just having a good time. Really warms my heart to see how the girls are turning out.
I also started a crochet pattern for a baby that is being born in our ward. The shower is in a couple of weeks.
I still need to figure out Mother's day. The ward decided that the Elders quorum and the young men were going to teach and so now I am trying to figure out how to make all that happen without me here. Plus David has to work on Saturday. Why can't life be way more simple?
David has today off, hence the mention of working Saturday in the paragraph above. He is really loving his job and all that he is learning as well as able to do. It has been good for him. Kami is having a rough time of it but I think that she is starting to come around and that she will adjust just in time for summer to hit and I get to be home.
Well last but not least I haven't heard from Battle Ground but the principal here said she talked with her today for a reference and said that they said to, "let Holly know that we will be in touch soon." I sure hope that is a good sign. My director said he hasn't heard from them yet so maybe he is next, but he was out here today so fingers crossed that when he gets back into the office the call is waiting for him.
Other than that we are just making it work one day at a time around here. Loves to all.
Comments