Father's Day

I know day late and well not quite a dollar sort. Yesterday was Father's day and I really wanted to say something to all the father's in my life.

First there is my dad. I can remember numerous nights staying up late and just talking. I know it is you that helped me better understand life and people in general. As much as I know that you aren't exactly a believer in psychology, I do know that for a non believer you sure taught me a lot about it growing up. I could always count on you to be there when I really needed an ear or even just a shoulder to cry on. I remember those days feeding animals (mostly bottles in the cold morning to the calves and boy did they stink), shooting guns in the back forty, riding shot gun in the pick up truck down the back roads with the window rolled down, I remember the time when I had come to stay with you that one week in Moses before the family moved there. You taught me what to look for in a spouse. It was difficult to find someone that was so caring and loving and gentle. I am truly blessed to have you for my father.

Then there is my Father in law, Mike. It is just recently that I have been able to get to know you. We have had such a long road to get here but I am grateful that we are finally on this path we are. I truly appreciate all that you have done for our family in the past few years. The girls are lucky to have you for a grandpa and David really is blessed having you as a father. I know that we can count you also in times of need. I know David cherishes every phone call with you and we love every minute that we do get with you. We have learned about foreign countries as well as cultures from all of your many adventures abroad.

My other Father in law, Larry is another one we are grateful for. The BBQs and the joys of seeing the girls joking around with you. It is a true joy to have you in our lives.

Finally and by no means last in my life, there is my eternal companion, David. (The tie was a father's day gift, he even wore it to church for the girls)
I have never met anyone so willing to give. You put up with so much of my crap. I know that I am not easy to live with and that I am a very stubborn person and yet you are there. You would hand over everything you own if you thought it would make someones life easier or bring them joy. You had held me as I cried, laughed with me when it was time to laugh. You are truly a DAD. You have a special place in our girls lives. They trust and love you. They talk with you and open up about things in their lives that they keep close to their hearts and that is because you have always been there for them. You are my rock and keep me up when I feel so low in the challenges of our life. You such a great sense of humor. I love you more each and every day. I am grateful every day for the blessing we have of being sealed together and knowing that I will never be without you in my existence. Thank you for putting up with me and loving me. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.