Kalaree's Birthday

Just when I think I have this working mom thing down I realize that I am truly failing at it. I did not plan a birthday party for Kalaree this year. I totally spaced it. Not her actual birthday but the whole party thing. Usually by the first of May I am starting to get it together and no later than mid May it is planned, well not this year. Instead mid May I was making a trip to Battle Ground, and since my life has been consumed with the move and all the other stuff that goes along with that such as finding work etc. I just spaced the whole party thing. We did get her birthday presents. Mikaela and I went shopping on Saturday and Dave and I got her a dress (lime green with white polka dots), white cardigan, and a necklace set to match. The girls got her a frog ring with an opal in it and two hair barrette things from finder's keepers, very pretty dragonflies (one green and one blue.) Mikaela picked up a hand bag and a pair of shoes for her that would go with the dress as well as another outfit that she got earlier that week (JcPenney's had a great sale, what can I say.) We gave her all her gifts Saturday night since this week is stake conference and I knew that she would like to wear her new dress to church. On Tuesday, Kalaree's actual birthday, Mikaela came over and we had a BBQ and cake and ice cream. One of Kalaree's young women advisors stopped by with a plate of cookies. She is due the very next day and so it is amazing to me that she even went through the effort, but she did. Another fun family evening at home. I really love those nights I don't have to run somewhere. We had a ton of birthday well wishes that day for Kalaree. I can't believe that she is a teenager already. It seems like yesterday that she was our little monkey that we could easily hide in the stuffed animals (thanks Aunt Brandi for those memories.) She really has grown into a beautiful young lady. Very responsible and with such a strong desire to do what is right. She is always the first person to welcome anyone new and if she sees someone upset she is so willing to go throw her arms around them and make sure they know they are loved. She will make dinner on a whim when she notices that we are busy at it is time to get dinner started as well as she loves to spend time with her sisters. She will play Bratz with them even though she has totally outgrown them. Her all time favorite activity is shopping, even if it is just window shopping and trying things on. Her favorite colors are lime green and blue. She like retro things and is starting to like frogs.
Infant:


Age 6:


Age 7:


Age 10:


Age 12:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.