Challenge...

I read this somewhere a while ago and thought there was no way that I could ever do it. Well things seemed to fall right together this last Saturday and so I decided to give it a try. This other lady had decided that she was going to go a whole week without spending a single dime. You heard me right, not spending any money for a whole week. Well, I did grocery shopping on Saturday and our cars got filled up with gas so why not give it a try this week. David and I have decided and we then recruited the girls and so we are on a no spending week starting today. We did however add a small stipulation and that is that we can buy eggs and milk if it is needed this week (we always go through more than my fridge could hold in one week). So in a way we are not doing a true spendless week. But let me tell you it is going to kill me to get through this week. Already I am tempted to cheat. We finished painting Kezri's dresser and it is ready for the pulls, which I have not bought yet and I so want to go buy some. Not going to happen of course but I am truly dying to go shopping. We have also finished Kalaree's dresser and it needs the pulls too. She picked some really cute ones but it would cost more for those then it would for the dresser itself so we will have to see if after my hiatus from shopping is up if that is the route I go. We also painted the shelf for Kezri. I just have to add the polka dots (yes, I said polka dots.)

So here is the list of painting projects that are left:
Foot board and side rails to Kalaree's bed
Shelves for Kalaree's room
Polka dots on the shelf for Kezri's room
touch ups on Kezri's dresser

This has been such a great project for all the girls. Kezri loves here dresser. We painted it black with the drawers white with black polka dots. Her shelf is black with white polka dots. She is keeping both the bunk beds for her room, not sure if she will keep them as bunks or if she will separate them (plenty of room in her room to separate them.) We are going to sew her a black and white and pink quilt for her beds. It will look so good in that new room. Her dresser we are putting bright pink drawer pulls on to go with the black white and pink theme.

Kami's we found a white day bed on craigslist along with a white dresser which we changed the hardware out for some shabby chic looking ones on the top drawer and spray painted the others silver instead of the gold that they were. We painted her baby crib white to go in her room and then I hope to find her a white bookcase. I would love to find her one that is a doll house shape but the one at Costco is over $100 so we will most likely settle for just a plain white one from the department store.

Kalaree is painting all her furniture white and then we are adding geometric circle in green and blue to them. It will match the quilt that I am making. She wants these frog drawer pulls but we will see on those. Her quilt will have frogs and circles and stripes on it. It has been so much fun teaching Kalaree about refinishing the furniture and she is doing a beautiful job. I think it means a lot to her to have this be her project. Her friends have been hanging out over here to help out. Amazing how just having something to do creates this we want to be there attitude.

The boxing is coming right along. We did books from the girls room this weekend. We also finished up the garage. So nice to be done with it. Now it is becoming a storage place for all the stuff from the house. I have to finish up the craft and the bathroom shelf stuff from the second bath and then move on the the girls room this week. As you can see we are keeping really busy.

I reserved the moving truck and that is for July 30th through August 2nd. We plan to load here on the evening of the 30th, clean on the 31st, drive over the morning of the 1st and unload that evening and then return the truck on the 2nd. We have the elders quorum lined up here for the 30th. I have the Elders quorum presidents name and number down there and hopefully they will come through to unload. We are still trying to figure out how to get three vehicles down there, the truck and both our vehicles. But I am sure that will come together.

So this has become a way longer than I planned post so I guess I better jump off and get to bed. Loves to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.