3rd talk in one years time.
I konw that I bragged that I went 6 years without even given one talk and now I have given 3 in one years time. Does it stop when you hit one for each year? I was asked to speak on eternal families on the "bring your friend to church" Sunday. I think the talk went well. It was really hard to bring one subject that is so huge in our church down to one simple 15 minute talk. But all in all it went well.
We also had the sister missionaries over for dinner last night. They called yesterday morning and asked if we would feed them since they didn't have a dinner appointment. The girls love having the missionaries over. I think it is their time to show off and as we all know, my girls hate to be the center of attention. (Yes, that was sarcasm coming through.)
David interviewed yesterday with Staybridge Suites and then has another interview tomorrow with the US Census bureau and he got a call last night for one more interview with the Red Lion at the airport for Thursday. So that is three in one week. First time for that. We are still waiting to hear on the interview with best western form last week. Still so many job opportunities here for him. Amazing isn't it.
Work for me is going well. I really do love being more in the schools. This is such a great fit for me. I love the responsibilities I have yet I also get to work with the kids.
The girls are settling in. At church on Sunday Kami had three kids come up to her and tell her that they are in her kindergarten class. One little girl wouldn't let go of her, kept huggin her and what not. Oh to be 5 and have no cares again. The Young Mens presidents son is also in her kindergarten class. Wow, are we suppose to get to know them or what?
I am also planning an adult halloween party. I finally have a place big enough that I can host stuff and not feel awkward for cramming so many people in a small space. I am thinking about using our costume from last year that we never used since the party didn't happen. I would go as a chicken and David as a chicken farmer. But I am totally up for suggestions. I can't wait. I really am just bubbling over. Is October 1 too soon for a Halloween party?
We also had the sister missionaries over for dinner last night. They called yesterday morning and asked if we would feed them since they didn't have a dinner appointment. The girls love having the missionaries over. I think it is their time to show off and as we all know, my girls hate to be the center of attention. (Yes, that was sarcasm coming through.)
David interviewed yesterday with Staybridge Suites and then has another interview tomorrow with the US Census bureau and he got a call last night for one more interview with the Red Lion at the airport for Thursday. So that is three in one week. First time for that. We are still waiting to hear on the interview with best western form last week. Still so many job opportunities here for him. Amazing isn't it.
Work for me is going well. I really do love being more in the schools. This is such a great fit for me. I love the responsibilities I have yet I also get to work with the kids.
The girls are settling in. At church on Sunday Kami had three kids come up to her and tell her that they are in her kindergarten class. One little girl wouldn't let go of her, kept huggin her and what not. Oh to be 5 and have no cares again. The Young Mens presidents son is also in her kindergarten class. Wow, are we suppose to get to know them or what?
I am also planning an adult halloween party. I finally have a place big enough that I can host stuff and not feel awkward for cramming so many people in a small space. I am thinking about using our costume from last year that we never used since the party didn't happen. I would go as a chicken and David as a chicken farmer. But I am totally up for suggestions. I can't wait. I really am just bubbling over. Is October 1 too soon for a Halloween party?
Comments