David's first day.

David worked his first full shift last night. He said it went well. He did find drug paraphernalia while doing his rounds and he had to paint accent walls in the bathrooms in the pool house. Not exactly what he wanted to do for a living but hey right now it is a job. This is a great way for him to get back into the work force. Plus the hours are perfect for our family. It went well with the girls too. They came home and had their homework done before I even got home. David was so sweet and put some soup in the crock pot before he left for work so that was ready when I got home. Made for an easy night for me. The girls played for a bit. We ate dinner, cleaned up from dinner, read some books and then off to bed. I was able to sit and crochet uninterrupted for almost three full hours before David got home. I am currently working on a baby dress for a baby shower. It should be done here today or tomorrow at the latest, especially when I can work uninterrupted for a period of time. I love that. I have other projects too, one as a tester and one for a gift. So that makes three. I should be able to get through them fairly quickly since I do have me time now. Our ward is doing a chili cook off this Friday so if you have any good chili recipes I could use one. I am going, without David even. I think it is important that I get to know some people. I can do this. This is when I really miss knowing people and having a friend to drag with me. Oh well it will be fine. I just need to follow Kalaree's example more. We are still trying to figure out both Thanksgiving and Christmas now. I would love to have Thanksgiving at my house, because it looks like I won't be able to make it home for Christmas either. David has to work the day after on both of them and I don't want to have a holiday without him. Kalaree had an idea and we are bouncing it around for Christmas but we will have to see what happens. I haven't gotten to do anything family related this year with my family. We didn't make Superbowl, the family camp trip, now Thanksgiving and Christmas. Kind of is a bummer when this stuff happens. But I guess that is just a part of growing up and leaving the nest. Well I didn't mean to turn this into a downer post and it is going that direction so I am going to sign off. Loves to all.

Comments

Connie Lou said…
And we have missed you and the family Holly but we also understand that you have to do what is best for your family right now. I remember the first holiday I missed with my family after I got married. It was bittersweet. I missed them but I also knew that I was creating traditions for my new family. I moved 3,000 miles from my family. You are only 300 miles. We will get together as often as we can. I knew when David got a job that our together time would be limited. We have been spoiled way too long.

I love you all and miss everyone.

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.