Dinner and pumpkin carving
Jake and Katie came for dinner and pumpkin carving last night. We had such a blast. We will definitely have to make this a regular occurrence. Dinner was great. I just did an easy cheesy potato and ham soup in the crock pot. Also knowing how much Jake loves Hawaiian bread, I made a few loaves of that for him. Kami wanted Jello so of course that became a side dish. We topped it off with apple cake and cream cheese frosting. It was very moist and delicious, but no where near the oatmeal cake in comparison. Pumpkin carving was a blast. Thank goodness for magic eraser because we had quite a bit of changes once the permanent marker drawings were in place. Katie came with this great idea but her doctor apparently had been drinking and her storm trooper ended up having a lobotomy. Kezri went with a princess theme. Kami of course did the bat thing again. SHH don't tell her she had a bat either last year or the year before. Right now she is big into bats. I have no cue why but she really loves them. I pray she does not ask for a pet bat. However, something tells me I will have no problem telling her no to that one. David and Kalaree did simple faces and Jake did a cat. Don't worry I will attach pictures but only because Jake was able to figure out how to take the pictures so they didn't continue to come out blurry. After carving the pumpkins the girls (mostly Kami) beat up on Jake for a while. I laughed and laughed. Kami laughed and laughed. It was fun to watch her and Kezri and Jake goofing around in such an uncle niece sort of way. The girls were so tired they crashed that night. Kami wouldn't even get out of bed this morning to say good bye to me. I had to go see her. I am so glad to be living closer to family now. Jake did mention that mom and dad may be coming down next weekend to do some fishing. We would love to have them if they still plan on it but things may of changed since they just traveled down to see Grandma Loftis. This week is conference week, so the girls are only half days. I still have to work all day so hopefully They can hold it together this week. They have had some problems but I think we nipped most of them in the bud and that will stop. But we all know what it is like to bbysit siblings. It just never is easy. Any tried and true advice would be welcome here.
Jake and Katie carving:

Jakes Pumpkin lit up:

Kami and Kezri's pumpkins lit up:

David's in front and Kalaree's in back lit up:

Kami and Katie's unlit:
Jake and Katie carving:
Jakes Pumpkin lit up:
Kami and Kezri's pumpkins lit up:
David's in front and Kalaree's in back lit up:
Kami and Katie's unlit:
Comments