Feeling Homey....

I have started to do stuff with the house and it is starting to feel kind of homey to me now. I have been at a total loss as to what I should do in the downstairs bathroom. It is small and the paint is rather dramatic. So the other day while cruising around the internet I came across an idea that made me want to do it for my bathroom. Here is the kicker. I had everything I needed to do it with the exception of the picture frames and those I bought at Goodwill for $1.99 a peice.



Then I have needed lighting in my living room since there is not an overhead lamp. I have been using the kitchen light to make it bright at night but that was driving me crazy. So we finally went to Wal Mart (yes, I broke down and went to Wal Mart. Target just didn't have anything and Ikea's was too expensive formy taste.) I bought a lamp package that had both the table lamp and the floor lamp in it.


Then last night when I waas at Goodwill, buying the picture frames, I found a comforter for Kami's room. We had already bought a Duvey cover from Ikea's but it didn't match very well. I have loved this one since I first saw it and was tickled pink when I was able to get it at a goodwill price. Kami, of course, loves it. It is pink and yellow and has butterflies.

I also found at Goodwill, it was a very good visit, these small girly nick nacks for the girls bathroom. I don't remember if I posted pictures or not of the brown and pink bathroom. But it has purses and shoes and all sorts of girly stuff in it so these were perfect to sit on the large counter space. I am hoping to find more of this type of stuff, old perfume bottles in particular, to add to it. But it is a good start.

Finally, since I am showing off all my great finds from last night, and my wonderful decorating tastes, I have finished making my centerpeice for the Halloween party. The candle stick holders were form Goodwill last night. The white stem candles are color drip candles. So once they are lite they will drip in white red, blue, and yellow. Then the bowl and the mini candles were a Goodwill find also. White for the black light effect. The skulls and hands were a dollar store find.


So while I was standing in line getting all this stuff at Goodwill last night the lady in front of me kept commenting on what great taste that I had. I am just glad that I know how to tweak things and make them mine. I swear Goodwill is back in the running for my favorite store.

Comments

Mikaela said…
You scored for sure at Goodwill! I love Kami's comforter...it fits her personality too!

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.