Good old days.
Lately it seems that around my house it is all about what did you do when you were younger mom? Last night as we put together my bed, Kami was there to be our big help. She handed us all the hardware and tools that we needed and held the small boards that we screwed to the wood boards for support while David screwed the screws in. I told her that I use to do that when I was a little girl for my dad and she was so excited to be just like mom. We then later were talking about the bed that my parent's had and how I use to climb over the foot board to get on the bed. She immediately had to climb over the foot board just like mom did. She even went and got sisters to show them the same. Also the other day we were out and about and I had to turn around in someone else's driveway and guess what I said, "Get your pants on George we have visitors." To some reading this blog that won't mean much to those that ever sat in a car that my dad was driving and turning around in someone else's driveway it means a lot. My dad use to say it all the time. Well Kezri asked, why I said that so I explained and then told her don't worry someday you will say this when your kids are in the car which of course generated the typical, "no way will I do that." I have to say that I love this phase of my girls life. They are at a point that they want to know what it was like when I was little and how they can do somewhat the same thing or not in Kezri's case.
Comments
Love you.