Walk the spider...
I am getting so excited for my Halloween party I just have to share all the cool stuff I plan to do. Now before I get a bunch of Martha comments I want you to know that I am stealing these from all over the web. Nothing have I come up with myself. The invite will be a severed finger inside a box.
I am doing a black light theme on the table using white dishes and a spider web table cloth that I am making.
I am making specimen jars for decoration around the room.
Along with bats and rats paper cut outs.
Of course what would Halloween be without any spiders. We are hanging one very large spider from the entry way chandelier and then the front door will be covered in tiny plastic spiders as well as cobs everywhere. The food I am not as sure about. I am serving home made rootbeer in a cauldren that way we get the fog and then I am am thinking of also serving spiderweb eggs.
Then, either pumpkin cheesecake with a chocolate web on top or pumpkin bread and maybe even these marshmellow bones.
For my savory I am thinking bat wings and something else but haven't nailed it down yet. We are inviting quite a bit of couples so hopefully we will get many out. We are also having it bring something to share so there will be plenty of food. I am not sure about the game. I may go with the tried and true confessions game but for a couple party that may not go so well. It is a blast at a GNO (girl's night out) party. As far as costumes go I really think since no one gave anymore suggestions that we are going as a chicken farmer and a chicken. This should be good. Have I mentioned how much I love Halloween. It may be my favorite time of year.
Now an explaination of the title. We bought this rather large spider (t least 3 feet across) at Craft Warehouse the other night and this morning Kami had it by one leg and was pulling it around the house. If I could of gotten a picture I would of it was so funny. So I am thinking that I may have her take it outside tonight (if the rain stops) and get some pictures of her walking the spider in the fall leaves. Wouldn't those be cute?
I am doing a black light theme on the table using white dishes and a spider web table cloth that I am making.
I am making specimen jars for decoration around the room.
Along with bats and rats paper cut outs.
Of course what would Halloween be without any spiders. We are hanging one very large spider from the entry way chandelier and then the front door will be covered in tiny plastic spiders as well as cobs everywhere. The food I am not as sure about. I am serving home made rootbeer in a cauldren that way we get the fog and then I am am thinking of also serving spiderweb eggs.
Then, either pumpkin cheesecake with a chocolate web on top or pumpkin bread and maybe even these marshmellow bones.
For my savory I am thinking bat wings and something else but haven't nailed it down yet. We are inviting quite a bit of couples so hopefully we will get many out. We are also having it bring something to share so there will be plenty of food. I am not sure about the game. I may go with the tried and true confessions game but for a couple party that may not go so well. It is a blast at a GNO (girl's night out) party. As far as costumes go I really think since no one gave anymore suggestions that we are going as a chicken farmer and a chicken. This should be good. Have I mentioned how much I love Halloween. It may be my favorite time of year.Now an explaination of the title. We bought this rather large spider (t least 3 feet across) at Craft Warehouse the other night and this morning Kami had it by one leg and was pulling it around the house. If I could of gotten a picture I would of it was so funny. So I am thinking that I may have her take it outside tonight (if the rain stops) and get some pictures of her walking the spider in the fall leaves. Wouldn't those be cute?
Comments