All Hallo's Eve

I got off early on Friday which is always a blessing but I had to run all over town before I was able to get home. I got home in just enough time to get the girls into their costumes and then get Kalaree (late of course) over to her friends house. In Battle Ground the downtown passes out candy from 4-6 pm. Apparently everybody does it. So we parked on one side of the town and went one direction on one side of the street and then the other direction on the other side. The nice thing is that they have the JROTC and other high school clubs do crossing guard duty so no one gets hit by a car. Kalaree went with her friend so it was just Kezri and Kami and I. It took us about an hour and a half to do the whole downtown area from Grace street to Hwy 503. Kezri's costume got a lot of responses. IT was almost like a light bulb would go off. She would walk up and all of a sudden you would hear, "Oh, I get she is a mime." Kezri of course loved it. Amazing what last minute costumes can be. We saw lots of really cute costumes and even some people we knew. The girls thought it was funny because as we were trick or treating all these kids form my school were yelling, "Hi, Ms. Holly." Kezri kept saying, "you know a ton of kids." If only I knew their names. I make do with calling them gentlemen, guys, and sweeties. Some names I know but other just aren't there yet. Hopefully, the longer I am there the more I will get to know. It took us forever to get out of the downtown area. Kami feel asleep while we were trying to get out of the downtown area. We stopped at Subway for dinner and ran into a retired gentlemen that is on a senior mission. He was coming home from working in the Temple and had his missionary badge on and so Kami was talking away with him. It was funny because he kept mentioning all these people that apparently are big wigs in the church in this area but I had no idea who they were. He kept it up even after I told him that I just moved here. After Subway we made our way home and met up with Kalaree. She took the girls trick or treating around our neighborhood. While I stayed home and passed out candy. I had one student from my school knock on my door. It was funny to open the door and see her face as she realized it was me. It was another one of those students that I haven't learned the name yet. The girls didn't stay out long. Kami was pretty worn from downtown but she really wanted to go in our neighborhood. When they got back Kami and Kezri took over the door and I got to sit and relax for a bit. Our door opened on the average every 1 minute. At 9 I turned off the porch light and blew out the jack-o-lanterns. At 9:20 there was knock at the door. I opened it to find 4 teenagers standing there in costume. I just politely told them that trick or treating ends at 9. Which of course generated the typical response of that it was only 9 now. Sorry no more candy here. All in all it was a good night. There was no rain and it was rather warm. The girls and I were out walking around without any coat or anything. Weird but nice. I don't remember the last time Halloween was warm. Our ward did have a trunk or treat and we didn't go to that. I really was not in the mood to do another thing as a single mom with our ward. I need to meet more people before I will be doing that again. Our Super Saturday is next weekend and while I did not sign up to work on any project, I have too many as it is, I figured that I would go and work on some of mine and get to know some people that way. Well here are the pictures of the girls in their costumes. Enjoy:



Comments

Mikaela said…
Okay, the girls all look great, and I'm just cracking up over here at Kezri's sign! Too hilarious! Sounds like you guys had quite the night and the girls made a haul. You must've had a TON of kids trick-or-treating, too!

I couldn't believe how warm it was here, too. It was like 60 degrees at 6:30ish when we started trick-or-treating! Just crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.