The mommy handoff.
The family rule is that mom has to arrange all play dates and sleep overs with the other parents. No going to school, or talking on the phone and then asking. You come ask me and if it is okay then I will call the other mom and make all necessary arrangements. Now you would think that would make my life so much simpler but it hasn't. See, kids today, just like kids when I was younger plan by the minute not by the day or week. This has created what I call the mommy hand off. It is a child on the phone talking to a friend and then a "mom phone for you, it is so and so's mom. They want a play date/sleepover/talk to you." The problem with this is that the other mom is getting the same message. So there I sit on the phone with another parent, both of us wondering what we are suppose to do. Kami did this to me last night. Good thing I heard her say to her friend, "put your mom on the phone so my mom can set up a play date." Yes she used the word play date. I am glad that Kami is starting to make friends that she can have over but at least give me some heads up on the matter.
Comments