My little politician.

So last night Kezri's teacher gave them a USA map and had them fill in the states as they were announced as to who got what. Starting at 6:30 Kezri watched diligently till they announced the winner. Which she immediately went running around the house yelling who won. It was great to see them so excited about the whole electoral process. Even though I don't quite get the whole process I was glad that my kids were able to see such a historical event happen. I realized that I was raised in such a different time. I am blessed to have been raised to know that all people are a child of God and to respect everyone. I also understand that there was time that was not the common belief. So now we have an individual in the most prominent job of the world that just a short 40 years ago was considered less than. HE would not of been able to drink from the same drinking fountain, ride in the front of the bus or even attend the same school. I think to the "I had a dream" speech that I learned in school and it is amazing to me that we are there. My kids really have no clue as to why this is such a big deal. They have learned about Martin Lutheran King and they have heard about suppression, but they themselves have not ever witnessed it. I am grateful for the life that my girls get to live and that they too are being raised to know of every ones worth. What a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.