21 Century
The other day I was talking with Kalaree about how much easier it is today to stay in touch with friends that you move away from than it was when I was a child. I basically said the only way to stay in touch was to call long distance and that cost an arm and a leg. So over time you ended up not keeping in touch. So she looks at me and says well why didn't you just email. Yes, my thirteen year old thought email was around forever. So I explained to her that while we had a computer in our home it was not connected to the world wide web and I didn't get my first email account until I was married and had her. She was floored that it was that way.
So then tonight the discussion was around why we didn't just have thumb print recognition to do all our banking needs. Think of how simple it would be if each store just had a pad and you left your thumbprint and your bill was paid. Definitely easier but way to techie for me right now. However, having said that. I was out and about tonight. I went to bath and body works since their room sprays were $3 a piece and then I realized that I had a coupon on my email for free lip stuff if you spent $12, which I had. The cashier said if I could get the authorization code she could honor it. So I pulled out my Iphone, pulled up the email and then the coupon and WOO HOO authorization code was right there. She plugged it in and I got free lip balm, black cherry none the less. So in my short time as a parent I went from having no email account to accessing my email while standing in line waiting to check out. What a world we live in. I really don't think the thumbprint checking is too far off.
So then tonight the discussion was around why we didn't just have thumb print recognition to do all our banking needs. Think of how simple it would be if each store just had a pad and you left your thumbprint and your bill was paid. Definitely easier but way to techie for me right now. However, having said that. I was out and about tonight. I went to bath and body works since their room sprays were $3 a piece and then I realized that I had a coupon on my email for free lip stuff if you spent $12, which I had. The cashier said if I could get the authorization code she could honor it. So I pulled out my Iphone, pulled up the email and then the coupon and WOO HOO authorization code was right there. She plugged it in and I got free lip balm, black cherry none the less. So in my short time as a parent I went from having no email account to accessing my email while standing in line waiting to check out. What a world we live in. I really don't think the thumbprint checking is too far off.
Comments