Catch up post.

I have honestly been trying to keep up the blog so there aren't a ton of big long posts. But lately I haven't had the time to download the camera so I haven't posted about a lot of things we have been doing.

We started a new tradition this year. A friend of mine has been doing it for a few years and her son loves it so when I found this elf at goodwill I figured it would be a good time to give it a try. This generates from a book called "The Elf on the Shelf" I have never read the book. But I got the jest of it from my friend. Essentially this elf sits on the shelf during the day but t night he comes alive and gets into mischief. So our elf has an shelf he sits on during the day but at night he comes alive and gets into mischief. So in the morning the girls find him. I never really think about what he is getting into when he is hidden but every morning the girls have some story about what he was getting into. The first night he hid in the freezer and the girls figured he was trying to get ice cream. The next night he hid in the cat tree and they figured he was trying to scare Emmett. This morning he was found in the Christmas tree and apparently he was trying to get a candy cane from off the tree. The girls really look forward to seeing what trouble he gets into at night.

Kami has been using the computer a lot more to do her drawing. She really is the artist. Keri has even said that Kami can illustrate her first book. HEHEHEHE!!!! Talk about sisters working together. I am adding her latest drawing. She did this one just this morning using Microsoft Paint.

We are out of school today due to a snow storm. Grass is still visible but I can understand that one, people here are just not use to driving in this stuff and two our district is 250 miles wide and there are areas that right now are totally impassable for any school bus. It hasn't stopped snowing all day but not really bad enough to cover grass, but it is making me think we will be out tomorrow too. I am hoping to be back at school on Friday since I have some stuff that needs to get done. Worst case scenario I go in for a few minutes to do some work on one of these snow days. Definitely doable for me. It is two blocks on a major street for me to get there. Kami is loving the snow. She actually has to get on the trampoline to find snow to play in. But hey at least it is something right. Poor girl sure misses her sledding.


I also made a new table cloth for my table. I got the idea from One Pretty Thing (link on the side bar.) I love it. It is real simple but so elegant when it is done up. I need to take a picture of it set, but it seems to never be truly set.


I also promised pictures of our tree. I haven't taken new pictures of the house since finishing decorating. Hopefully, I will get them done prior to them being taken down. But here is the tree the day we did decorated it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.