Forgotten posts
So in my pity me week I forgot to get a few posts on my blog. The first and most important one is the one acknowledging my mom on her birthday. I did call and wish her a happy birthday but I didn't get her recognized here.

I have realized as I have gotten older that my mom is so much better at parenting than I am. For example, this week Kalaree is trying to learn to sew. I can't tell you how many times I have had to rethread the serger because she got it jammed or broke a thread and wasn't paying attention. So in one of my worst parenting moment I lost my patience. I kicked her off the machine and I finish three hats before I calmed down. Then realizing that she needed to learn this skill and she needed to learn to do this on her own and she wasn't going to learn by me taking over. Now my mom taught me how to sew and I don't remember once her getting frustrated and kicking me off the machine. I do remember her having to rethread a machine that I am sure I messed up somehow, but she was way more patient than I can ever claim to be.
I learned many other things from my mom. I learned that it is better to have too much for a project than not enough. The joy behind that lesson is that I also learned to share my wealth with others. See my mom has fabric, and lots of it. She will never be out of fabric, but she also is so giving and because of my wonderful mom I have been the beneficiary of fabric as a gift. I really didn't appreciate that until recently when I have started sewing more and I have realized that fabric is not cheap. So my mom has spared me many a trip to the fabric store, where I would so wisely (remember lesson learned from mom) bought more than I would of needed for the one project.
I love that my mom is willing to do anything for her kids, well pretty much anybody. I remember one time, when I was a child, it was late at night and we were driving in our big van in the middle of Montana. My mom made a comment that at the time my little head had a hard time wrapping its head around. It was that my dad would give the shirt of his back to someone. Well you can imagine what my little mind saw at that comment. Well, my mom is that person. I have seen my mom attend classes as a support to friends. I have seen her stay up all night to make a prom dress for other girls that asked her too. Not to mention then turning around and sewing me one. There was the drill team, color guard, baseball team and football games that she so miserably attended. She rarely forgot one of us children. When she did it was usually because she was busy with the other four of us. Plus Jake is tough. He still hasn't needed therapy to get over it.
I guess what I am trying to say, and very seriously now is that I couldn't of picked a better mom. Thanks mom and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I have realized as I have gotten older that my mom is so much better at parenting than I am. For example, this week Kalaree is trying to learn to sew. I can't tell you how many times I have had to rethread the serger because she got it jammed or broke a thread and wasn't paying attention. So in one of my worst parenting moment I lost my patience. I kicked her off the machine and I finish three hats before I calmed down. Then realizing that she needed to learn this skill and she needed to learn to do this on her own and she wasn't going to learn by me taking over. Now my mom taught me how to sew and I don't remember once her getting frustrated and kicking me off the machine. I do remember her having to rethread a machine that I am sure I messed up somehow, but she was way more patient than I can ever claim to be.
I learned many other things from my mom. I learned that it is better to have too much for a project than not enough. The joy behind that lesson is that I also learned to share my wealth with others. See my mom has fabric, and lots of it. She will never be out of fabric, but she also is so giving and because of my wonderful mom I have been the beneficiary of fabric as a gift. I really didn't appreciate that until recently when I have started sewing more and I have realized that fabric is not cheap. So my mom has spared me many a trip to the fabric store, where I would so wisely (remember lesson learned from mom) bought more than I would of needed for the one project.
I love that my mom is willing to do anything for her kids, well pretty much anybody. I remember one time, when I was a child, it was late at night and we were driving in our big van in the middle of Montana. My mom made a comment that at the time my little head had a hard time wrapping its head around. It was that my dad would give the shirt of his back to someone. Well you can imagine what my little mind saw at that comment. Well, my mom is that person. I have seen my mom attend classes as a support to friends. I have seen her stay up all night to make a prom dress for other girls that asked her too. Not to mention then turning around and sewing me one. There was the drill team, color guard, baseball team and football games that she so miserably attended. She rarely forgot one of us children. When she did it was usually because she was busy with the other four of us. Plus Jake is tough. He still hasn't needed therapy to get over it.
I guess what I am trying to say, and very seriously now is that I couldn't of picked a better mom. Thanks mom and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Comments