I am teachable.

I learned something new today. I apologize for the back story but the learning doesn't make sense without it. So lately I have been getting more and more into all sorts of genres of music. I am still a country girl at heart but lately it seems that alternative has been more and more of a presence on my Ipod (who would of thought that Ipod would be a common phrases 10 years ago, wish I had!) So I was talking music the other day with a friend of mine here in town (actually a teacher I work with) and had said that I am usually a country girl but I am getting more into alternative too. So he suggested that I should check out some of the indie music. Now of course simple brain me thought indie was a whole new genre of music, you know something along African Rain Forest music or something like that. Well when it comes to music, especially since I have an Iphone, I turn to Itunes. Also doesn't hurt that 3 girls got Itune gift cards as stocking stuffers (yes this was a little bit of a twofer as a gift, they get and I get too since we are into some of the same music.) So I go onto Itunes and type in Indie into the search box. Well to my shock all sorts of music pops up. Everything from folk to alternative to rock, etc. Well now I am totally confused, isn't indie some new genre of music? So of course that leads me over to google (should of just done Wikipeida.) As it turns out that indie is a group that is trying to make a break out without going with the big record deals. These are those little guys that are writing their own music and then trying to get it out there. Imagine that going after your dreams through good oul hard work and not through American Idol. (OF COURSE I AM NOT DOCKING AMERICAN IDOL!!!) Well I have been exploring this indie sites today and also looked at some of those on Itunes and there are some great bands out there. I ended up buying one today called "The Morning Benders" and they are not so bad. I actually like most of their songs. This actually reminds me of a time in Spokane these group of High School kids were standing outside of WalMart. They had just recorded their first CD on their own and was selling it right there. I ran a risk but we ended up paying the $3 for it and it wasn't bad. More rock than I personally like but hey anything to help someone reach their dream right. Maybe someday they will hit it big and they will tell of a time this 30 something mini van driving lady stopped and bought their cd. So if you ever here a new up and coming group doing and interview and they mention it make sure you let me know. Here is to the little guy trying to make it big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.