Update again and packed bags
I have been really poor at this blog thing the last few months. I really haven't had much to blog about. After many years of us living a very busy life we are finally settling into a very ordinary life. Not much goes on except going to school for the girls and work for David and I. I am not complaining because for years this is what I yearned for and now I have it. However recently my mother reminded me that those mundane daily life stuff for me is news to her. So for her and the other friends and family that want to know about our boring existence I will try to be better at least updating weekly if not even more. Report cards came in recently and the two younger ones did exceptionally well. Kami's reported that she has become a bit social in class and she has made quite a few friends both that she talks to on te phone and that she does play dates with. Church is funny she has so many little girls that she has to hug. Kezri of course has wowed everyone with her writing. She has started a blog to share her writing with others but I am making her set it to invite only. If you want an invite to it and I know you then email me and I will have her send you one. Right now not much is up maybe a story to two and a poem or two. I also think that there is a joke on there. She has quite the sense of humor. I swear she loves to make you laugh just so she can show off her dimples herself. OR maybe it is something about dimples in themselves, because I seem to remember a brother f mine that had a sense of humor and he too shared the dimples. Maybe I could research that for a dissertation or something. Yea right!!!!!! Kalaree's grades well that was another story. See the girl that reads 300 pages a night and finish a book in an evening managed to get a D in reading. Now you ask how she managed to do that. Well she is suppose to write up a summary for the books she reads and well she didn't write a single on till the day before grades came out. Then she looks at me and says, "Really I am not being graded on reading. They are grading me on my writing a summary." How do you argue with that? She is right. However, I did remind her that the teacher could only know she actually read if she produced something. So hopefully that will cause her to think once again about maybe doing some of her work. We also had to register her for high school this last week. I can't believe that we have gotten to that point in our lives. In just a few months she will be going to stake dances and hitting on boys. Those poor boys, they will have no clue what hit them. David is still working at the same place. He has numerous job application out for a better position but right now we are just grateful he has a job in this economy. Work is going fine for me. I think our teachers are ready for summer break and it is beginning to show. They are always complaining about one thing or another. It also doesn't help that it is WASL testing right now. I really appreciate all that they do because I know that I would have the patience for it. Other than that life has been going well.
Easter was fun. We didn't do anything special for it. The girls died two dozen eggs the old fashion way, vinegar and ood coloring. Then we did a dozen using the silk ties like we have in the years past. So that was three dozen hard boiled eggs around our house. They went fast. Actually it was 2 1/2 dozen because we made confetti eggs with 6 of them. Confetti eggs are basically blown eggs that you die and fill with confetti. Then you break them over someones head and make a wish. The girls had a blast with that one. I got the idea from my good friend Martha.
This year Easter brought new first for our family though. Kami got mad at Kalaree and told her that she didn't want to live with her. So I told her she could pack her bags. Well she did just that. 7 bags of luggage to be exact. Apparently, she was going to live with Grandma. She was going to walk there with the luggage in the wagon. That girl packed everything in her room. I mean everything, and she did it in a matter of minutes. I hate to see what she will be like as a teenager or an adult. Talk about over packing. Kalaree finally talked her back from the ledge so to speak. I think in the end Kami was just a master manipulator. She ended up getting two days of play time from Kalaree with whatever activity that she wants along with a board game that night. That 6 year old has got some power. I just hope she uses it for good and not evil. The weeks are flying by here. The weather has been nice. Not much rain (knock on wood.) We are hoping to get to the beach next long weekend that we have. Who knows when that will be. I won't promise to be better but I will promise to try to at this posting thing. Loves to all!!!!
Easter was fun. We didn't do anything special for it. The girls died two dozen eggs the old fashion way, vinegar and ood coloring. Then we did a dozen using the silk ties like we have in the years past. So that was three dozen hard boiled eggs around our house. They went fast. Actually it was 2 1/2 dozen because we made confetti eggs with 6 of them. Confetti eggs are basically blown eggs that you die and fill with confetti. Then you break them over someones head and make a wish. The girls had a blast with that one. I got the idea from my good friend Martha.
This year Easter brought new first for our family though. Kami got mad at Kalaree and told her that she didn't want to live with her. So I told her she could pack her bags. Well she did just that. 7 bags of luggage to be exact. Apparently, she was going to live with Grandma. She was going to walk there with the luggage in the wagon. That girl packed everything in her room. I mean everything, and she did it in a matter of minutes. I hate to see what she will be like as a teenager or an adult. Talk about over packing. Kalaree finally talked her back from the ledge so to speak. I think in the end Kami was just a master manipulator. She ended up getting two days of play time from Kalaree with whatever activity that she wants along with a board game that night. That 6 year old has got some power. I just hope she uses it for good and not evil. The weeks are flying by here. The weather has been nice. Not much rain (knock on wood.) We are hoping to get to the beach next long weekend that we have. Who knows when that will be. I won't promise to be better but I will promise to try to at this posting thing. Loves to all!!!!
Comments
That's funny! Bags packed and all.
I went private on my blog. What email would you like me to put in order for you to view my blog?
Take care!
Renee'
my email:rsp80@yahoo.com