Memorial Day
No BBQ for us. No we did however make a trip to the zoo. It was funny because I realized it was exactly a year ago on Memorial day weekend that we made the trip to the town of Battle Ground to see it for the first time. I can't believe that it has been a year already. Kalaree is getting excited about her birthday coming up. We all remember how import the big 1-4 is. Just her luck, there is an EFY in June that she will get to go to with a dance of course. Of course the older she gets the more expensive her birthday gift requirements are.
The trip tot he zoo was nice. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. We were able to get right in and every exhibit we got right up to. The girls just love the animals. I am not sure where they get that from. Maybe me!!!Kami kept asking if this animal or that animal was nice since they were at the zoo. I had to keep telling her that they were still wild animals and that just because they were at the zoo didn't mean that they were something that you could own as a pet. That didn't stop all three girls for asking for almost every animal we crossed.
The polar bear was quite playful and we got a really good look of him pushing a barrel into the water and then jumping on it a couple of times. Kami also got right up and near the otters as they went swimming by. The bats are still her favorite though and she could spend hours in the bat cave watching them. Kezri still loves the orangutans and any primate at that. Kalaree always wants to go to the Loraket exhibit so she can actually interact with them since you can by cups of nectar and feed them in that exhibit.
We didn't stay long just a couple of hours but enough to see everything we wanted to see, have a late lunch and then head home. We spent the rest of the evening just enjoying each others company. Dave and the girls played risk while I downloaded some new music. Quiet day but still a lot of fun.
The trip tot he zoo was nice. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. We were able to get right in and every exhibit we got right up to. The girls just love the animals. I am not sure where they get that from. Maybe me!!!Kami kept asking if this animal or that animal was nice since they were at the zoo. I had to keep telling her that they were still wild animals and that just because they were at the zoo didn't mean that they were something that you could own as a pet. That didn't stop all three girls for asking for almost every animal we crossed.
The polar bear was quite playful and we got a really good look of him pushing a barrel into the water and then jumping on it a couple of times. Kami also got right up and near the otters as they went swimming by. The bats are still her favorite though and she could spend hours in the bat cave watching them. Kezri still loves the orangutans and any primate at that. Kalaree always wants to go to the Loraket exhibit so she can actually interact with them since you can by cups of nectar and feed them in that exhibit.
We didn't stay long just a couple of hours but enough to see everything we wanted to see, have a late lunch and then head home. We spent the rest of the evening just enjoying each others company. Dave and the girls played risk while I downloaded some new music. Quiet day but still a lot of fun.
Comments
Tycie