Summers over

I am back to work now. I can't believe how fast this summer went. We didn't do a whole lot. We went camping with my family around Yakima. We spent some time at the lake and on the river. We picked Blackberries but haven't done anything with them . I also plan to do my salsa here in the next couple of weeks now that tomatoes are coming off. Grandpa Mike came up and spent a few days. The girls loved having time with him. As well as David did too. We are now the proud owners of a truck and a Wii thanks to Grandpa Mike.

We have spent a lot of time getting schooled in Tourettes for Kezri. It amazes me as I research it more in depth how it explains so much about her. If you are curious at all check out www.TSA-USA.org. They have a wonderful section for youth that has a very comprehensive and understandable video as to what she is experiencing. It has helped her out a lot. Just learning why she ticks and what she can do about it. She has opted at this time to not do medication. mostly because she isn't really seeing a huge impact at this time. She now has both the physical tick and a verbal tick and based on the research that we have found puberty will make them worse. We might do medication at that time depending on how she feels and if she is having any other side effects. Kezri also has had her right of passage and went on her first bra shopping trip. Kalaree went along for moral support and it really was rather uneventful. Kalaree was jealous because I was able to get her more bras than I usually buy Kalaree but I paid half of what I pay for Kalaree's bras and got three go figure.

Kalaree has spent most of her summer babysitting. She also had a wonderful milestone. Since she was trying to save up to pay for her way to Spokane she got a bank account. She is also officially a high schooler. She also managed to get herself a TA position in the life skills class at the high school. She is thinking of going into occupational therapy and so this is perfect for her. The only thing is that we had to get special permission since she is a freshman and TA positions are reserved for Juniors and Seniors.

Kami is losing teeth right and left. In the last week she has lost 2 teeth and she already has the front four teeth as grown up teeth. She is really excited about going to school all day. Unfortunately, her best friend moved out of her school and will be attending at a different school within the district. They still have play dates together so I can see them staying good friends.

David had an interview this last week with Catholic Family Services. It would be more of a second job working around his schedule at Staybridge. But it would give her direct contact as a counselor for at risk youth. we will have to see if it pans out or if something else is in the works. He is working really hard with his case manager at finding him something. Hopefully something soon will come that can actually make him happy. He is still planning on his trip to Germany in October. He is so excited for that. It really is a chance of a lifetime for him.

Not much else is going on around here. We are just keeping busy on the day to day stuff. I will try harder to at least do weekly updates. Loves to all.

Comments

Mikaela said…
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? YES, THIS IS IN ALL CAPS, AND YES I AM YELLING AT YOU!!!!! I NEED MORE PICTURES!
Anonymous said…
Thank you Hol for updating. Now Grandma doesn't feel out of the loop. I LOVE knowing what my precious granddaughters are doing and how you and Dave are fairing. Love to all of you.

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.