Natvity Fetish
8 or 9 years ago I found a precious memories nativity at Goodwill. I loved that Nativity set. However, somewhere in our move from Moses Lake to Spokane the Nativity set went missing. Now I am VERY picky about my nativity set. I have certain ways I like them to look, plus not wanting to spend a fortune made finding a replacement was very hard. Well finally about 4 years ago I found this set.

It is plastic even though it looks metal. I love that on this set the "angel" is playing a musical instrument and I LOVE all the animals in this set.
Well last month we were out at the treasure barn (those of you in Moses, think bargain town but a little nicer) and in a very back room they had this set.

Originally, I thought I would paint them white but after trying that I was not happy so I went back to the ivory and LOVE it. I am not sure why this one stands out so much for me but the people seem so calm and peaceful. This one is actually ceramic.
This one also has a funny story behind it. The pieces were not set up as a set. I first found one of the wise men in a bin and then started digging till I found the rest. Now after searching I found everything but the baby Jesus. Finally I was about to give up and put the whole set back (what good is a nativity without the baby Jesus) when all of a sudden I saw him. So out of my mouth flew, "There's the Baby Jesus!!!" Well Kalaree was on the other side of the door and she heard, "There's the Baby, Jesus!!!" It is amazing what a coma can do. She said it sounded like a horrible delivery by an OB/GYN.
My newest addition to my Nativity world is this set.

I also found it at Goodwill. It isn't plastic but it isn't ceramic or glass. You know it is that stuff nik naks are made out of. It can break but it isn't fragile. I know it is way off the traditional nativity but I love the cultural piece behind it. I wonder by time I am old and grey how many nativities I will have.
i do blame my fetish on the fact that my mom has the best nativity ever made. It wasn't Christmas till the baby Jesus came out to play.

It is plastic even though it looks metal. I love that on this set the "angel" is playing a musical instrument and I LOVE all the animals in this set.
Well last month we were out at the treasure barn (those of you in Moses, think bargain town but a little nicer) and in a very back room they had this set.

Originally, I thought I would paint them white but after trying that I was not happy so I went back to the ivory and LOVE it. I am not sure why this one stands out so much for me but the people seem so calm and peaceful. This one is actually ceramic.
This one also has a funny story behind it. The pieces were not set up as a set. I first found one of the wise men in a bin and then started digging till I found the rest. Now after searching I found everything but the baby Jesus. Finally I was about to give up and put the whole set back (what good is a nativity without the baby Jesus) when all of a sudden I saw him. So out of my mouth flew, "There's the Baby Jesus!!!" Well Kalaree was on the other side of the door and she heard, "There's the Baby, Jesus!!!" It is amazing what a coma can do. She said it sounded like a horrible delivery by an OB/GYN.
My newest addition to my Nativity world is this set.

I also found it at Goodwill. It isn't plastic but it isn't ceramic or glass. You know it is that stuff nik naks are made out of. It can break but it isn't fragile. I know it is way off the traditional nativity but I love the cultural piece behind it. I wonder by time I am old and grey how many nativities I will have.
i do blame my fetish on the fact that my mom has the best nativity ever made. It wasn't Christmas till the baby Jesus came out to play.
Comments