The word of the day is...
Horse.
I decided to give a go at amigurumi. Basically it is a tight crochet that is then sewed together to make stuffed animals, etc. In the past I haven't done well with it in that my stitches are not consistent enough and it gets lopsided. But well time for a retry. I started with a heart that I thought looked simple enough and it was, however, it doesn't look as cute in person as it does in the picture. I have had it called a butt, a pair of boobs and my brother hinted it looked like something I should hang from the trailer hitch on my truck. I know we have all seen them. Well, I didn't let that stop me and I went ahead and tried the next pattern that I wanted to try. It actually turned out really cute and Kami named it Creamy.


It is a purse of sorts. Not really big enough to carry much in but it does look real cute when Kami puts her cowgirl boots on and carries this.
Chessica and the boys were down this weekend. We stopped at Saturday market here in town and they were giving free pony rides. Rory was the first to Say he would take one. Kami was next and of course Kezri wanted on one. Braidey finally consented. Kezri got on paint and the saddle went side ways so she freaked and refused to get back on. Kami got on the same paint and he was spooking a bit so she got off and then got on the pony once Rory was done. Then she went around telling everyone that she had her cowgirl boots on the whole time she rode. It was kind of cute.




Jake and Katie came and made breakfast for us for lunch and then the girls went to the writers conference. Kami was given the wrong envelope and therefore she was there at the wrong time. She handled it like a pro though and she was just put in a different group. Her teacher had her stories and she had already left so Kami wrote a story while she listened to the others share.
Current projects I am working on are: an afghan, a toddler dress and one more pillowcase shirt. I finished Kezri's pillowcase shirt. I would add a picture but she refuses to go put it on right now so I can get a picture. I have also been exploring a little with writing. Nothing of great importance but at least just a way to let my imagination go crazy. So I have plenty to keep me busy.
I have also decided that I am going to do a booth next summer at the Saturday market. I have a few things that I plan on selling. I am going to spend this summer and fall getting a good supply built up and then I will do Lady Bug Bazaar in November and than next summer. I am really kind of excited about doing it. 4 weeks left of school and then I am free for the summer. YEAH!!!!
I decided to give a go at amigurumi. Basically it is a tight crochet that is then sewed together to make stuffed animals, etc. In the past I haven't done well with it in that my stitches are not consistent enough and it gets lopsided. But well time for a retry. I started with a heart that I thought looked simple enough and it was, however, it doesn't look as cute in person as it does in the picture. I have had it called a butt, a pair of boobs and my brother hinted it looked like something I should hang from the trailer hitch on my truck. I know we have all seen them. Well, I didn't let that stop me and I went ahead and tried the next pattern that I wanted to try. It actually turned out really cute and Kami named it Creamy.
It is a purse of sorts. Not really big enough to carry much in but it does look real cute when Kami puts her cowgirl boots on and carries this.
Chessica and the boys were down this weekend. We stopped at Saturday market here in town and they were giving free pony rides. Rory was the first to Say he would take one. Kami was next and of course Kezri wanted on one. Braidey finally consented. Kezri got on paint and the saddle went side ways so she freaked and refused to get back on. Kami got on the same paint and he was spooking a bit so she got off and then got on the pony once Rory was done. Then she went around telling everyone that she had her cowgirl boots on the whole time she rode. It was kind of cute.
Jake and Katie came and made breakfast for us for lunch and then the girls went to the writers conference. Kami was given the wrong envelope and therefore she was there at the wrong time. She handled it like a pro though and she was just put in a different group. Her teacher had her stories and she had already left so Kami wrote a story while she listened to the others share.
Current projects I am working on are: an afghan, a toddler dress and one more pillowcase shirt. I finished Kezri's pillowcase shirt. I would add a picture but she refuses to go put it on right now so I can get a picture. I have also been exploring a little with writing. Nothing of great importance but at least just a way to let my imagination go crazy. So I have plenty to keep me busy.
I have also decided that I am going to do a booth next summer at the Saturday market. I have a few things that I plan on selling. I am going to spend this summer and fall getting a good supply built up and then I will do Lady Bug Bazaar in November and than next summer. I am really kind of excited about doing it. 4 weeks left of school and then I am free for the summer. YEAH!!!!
Comments