A look inside my mind
In the old west, towns consisted of maybe 30-40 people. Everybody knew everyone and they knew everything about them. As towns grew into cities privacy became such an easy thing to obtain. Society began to be egocentric and thought less and less of what goes on around them. Then the technological age has hit and now we know when someone is reading a book, shopping at the grocery store and heaven forbid using the restroom. At anytime during the day I can get one side of a conversation, see how much money someone spent at the grocery store and even get a glimpse into what they might be thinking by reading their facebook status, their twitter update and even a family blog filled with pictures. While it can sometimes be annoying to see all this information, I can appreciate it for what it is worth. To me it is a way to communicate with those I would not otherwise. I have never been a letter writer. I will find cards that I have written in the envelope, stamped and ready years after they should of been sent. I would talk on the phone but to keep in touch with everyone would take days and days of my time. Using blogs, facebook, twitter and such allows me to be selective to what I get and if I need more information, I ask. This last year alone on Facebook, I was notified of a dear friend passing, I got in touch with my grandmothers sister, I found multiple "lost" friends (they knew where they were, I didn't), and I have managed to keep my family informed of multiple changes in our life. I am sure you are wondering why this topic is finding its place on my blog at this point and I do have a point to this.
Here is my point, I want to define for everyone that knows me what I use each of these services as. That way you can harvest from them what you might want. I feel that I am mostly an open book. I can tend to share too much to people and I can be too blunt when I share it. So therefore this allows those that wish to share more information to know where to get it and where not to venture if you don't. I always welcome feedback and comments, so please don't feel that I am posting this to say that I don't want feedback, and I am putting out the disclaimer that no one said anything to want me to do this. I guess I am just you could say that I am being proactive in this.
Twitter-I do own a twitter account, I don't understand it and it freaked me out that within ten minutes of starting it I had ten people following me that I didn't even know. So I have placed nothing, nada, zip information on it and I don't plan to at this time. That might change but for now I plan to stay as a nonparticipant.
Facebook-I am an active participant on Facebook. I use it for multiple reasons. I chat with friends, I share my latest crafts, I update about my kids, I gripe about life, I play games, I announce parties, and I show love to friends through the joys of facebook. I try not to hold one sided conversations (but I have been known to). I try to keep my opinions to a minimum on there (knowing politics, religion, etc is a touchy subject face to face, status updates it is hard to get across what you really mean), I try to reply to every chat request. I love catching up with friends.
Blog-While this blog is still very much public and I have no intentions of making it a private blog, that requires invites to come and see it, I do consider this my place of allowing one to get a look inside my mind. I use my blog as a way to express fears, concerns, joys, frustrations, milestones, and so on. My opinion is strong and in force on this blog. I view this blog as a way to journal. Yes, I allow you all to venture into my journal. I do not expect everyone to agree or see things my way and I do truly welcome feedback, I love a good, well thought out debate. It helps my mind grow. However, a debate is just that, not a chance to put someone down or to throw insults. That is why I will monitor comments on this blog. I do print out my blog entries and save them. Last year I did horrible. This year I am going to do better, at least once a week. I will try to include pictures as I can, but this year I am not going to wait to have pictures before I blog. That may make it a boring blog, but hey, at least there will be something on here.
Today will be a banner day because I am not counting this as a blog post. I am counting this as a disclaimer. Hugs to all, and I understand that one may choose to follow me on Facebook and not my blog or vise versa or to follow me on both. Please do what you feel the most comfortable with. Now on to the update.
Here is my point, I want to define for everyone that knows me what I use each of these services as. That way you can harvest from them what you might want. I feel that I am mostly an open book. I can tend to share too much to people and I can be too blunt when I share it. So therefore this allows those that wish to share more information to know where to get it and where not to venture if you don't. I always welcome feedback and comments, so please don't feel that I am posting this to say that I don't want feedback, and I am putting out the disclaimer that no one said anything to want me to do this. I guess I am just you could say that I am being proactive in this.
Twitter-I do own a twitter account, I don't understand it and it freaked me out that within ten minutes of starting it I had ten people following me that I didn't even know. So I have placed nothing, nada, zip information on it and I don't plan to at this time. That might change but for now I plan to stay as a nonparticipant.
Facebook-I am an active participant on Facebook. I use it for multiple reasons. I chat with friends, I share my latest crafts, I update about my kids, I gripe about life, I play games, I announce parties, and I show love to friends through the joys of facebook. I try not to hold one sided conversations (but I have been known to). I try to keep my opinions to a minimum on there (knowing politics, religion, etc is a touchy subject face to face, status updates it is hard to get across what you really mean), I try to reply to every chat request. I love catching up with friends.
Blog-While this blog is still very much public and I have no intentions of making it a private blog, that requires invites to come and see it, I do consider this my place of allowing one to get a look inside my mind. I use my blog as a way to express fears, concerns, joys, frustrations, milestones, and so on. My opinion is strong and in force on this blog. I view this blog as a way to journal. Yes, I allow you all to venture into my journal. I do not expect everyone to agree or see things my way and I do truly welcome feedback, I love a good, well thought out debate. It helps my mind grow. However, a debate is just that, not a chance to put someone down or to throw insults. That is why I will monitor comments on this blog. I do print out my blog entries and save them. Last year I did horrible. This year I am going to do better, at least once a week. I will try to include pictures as I can, but this year I am not going to wait to have pictures before I blog. That may make it a boring blog, but hey, at least there will be something on here.
Today will be a banner day because I am not counting this as a blog post. I am counting this as a disclaimer. Hugs to all, and I understand that one may choose to follow me on Facebook and not my blog or vise versa or to follow me on both. Please do what you feel the most comfortable with. Now on to the update.
Comments