Raising Girls

I have to say this week has been one of the trying weeks that occur when you raise girls. Kalaree, who says she hates girl drama, got into an argument with her best friend, which is a guy, because she wasn't getting along with his girlfriend. Then another guy friend, one she likes, asked her why she would always leave the room when the girl he likes would come sit with them. I remember those awful high school days and now I get to relive them with my daughter. So of course, being the great mom that I am I sat her down and talked about why she needs to try to get along with other girls. Which I was rewarded with, "mom, quit psyching me." Kezri, who is all about girl drama, got into an argument between her and two other girls, sides were picked, insults were thrown, tears were shed, apologies were given and hugs were had by all. But of course, this occurred all through text. What ever happened to the good old throw down in the halls of school? Kami has decided that she is going to attempt manipulation of the best kind by wearing mom down with tears. It didn't work with her sisters and it isn't going to work with her. Anytime she is asked to do anything it results in at least an hour of tears and "but mom..." So I regrouped and pulled out the chore chart again and back to the grind stone. I have to admit that my patience has been wore thin lately with this new tactic and so I had to give myself a time out or two.

Now if that wasn't enough, Kalaree asked me to sew her costume for the play she will be in come February. Not a problem, it is a simple drawstring long skirt and a peasant blouse with a simple corset. All easy to do. I am thinking that I have 4 weeks or so to get it done. NO...on Saturday at 7 P.M., Kalaree says, I need my costume by Thursday mom. ARGH!!!!! I quick run to JoAnn's and she is one costume fabric closer to her outfit. So today I will be dying the fabric, tomorrow cutting it out, Wednesday sewing. YAY me!!! Yes I said dying the fabric. It was cheaper, since I had a 50% off coupon to buy 7 yards of muslin and two boxes of dye than to buy 2 yards of one color fabric, 3 yards of another and 1 yard of a third. I promise to post pictures when I finish with the outfit. I may even get ambitious and take photos along the way. Oh yea this is also with a band booster meeting tonight, and a parent meeting for the play on Thursday night. Is there a way to get more than 24 hours in a day?

I would say that is a typical week for us. Very everyday and ordinary, but this is what we all want right?

Comments

Christy said…
Tim and I are convinced that we're destined to have only girls... and if that's so ok, but I'm really dreading those teenage years- ick! I remember how I was- horrible!

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.