Theater mom...

Kalaree's costume is DONE!!! In fact we got it totally done by 11 P.M. last night. It is definitely a costume. It was quite the challenge. They didn't have her size int he pattern so we had to by the one down and then add inches. I had a 50% off coupon and in order to get it at 50% off you have to get it in one cut. That is hard when you need three different colors. So brilliant me, we bought YARDS of muslin and then boxes of dye. Saved me a ton of money. I worked out a time line, Sunday-fit the pattern,

Monday-dye the fabric (and the sink, thank goodness for bleach),


Tuesday-cut out fabric (or as much of it as a very tired Kalaree can do),
Wednesday-sew the outfit (after Kalaree finished cutting it out.)
We only had a few mishaps. Kalaree didn't use the layout guide and ended up short fabric for the skirt. So Tuesday night she is wanting to go buy dye to redo the fabric, which of course I told her no. Instead, her skirt ended up two inches shorter than the pattern. You really can't tell the difference. I sewed one of the darts the wrong way, I was never more grateful for the seam ripper. The waist band of the skirt didn't match up so we had to recut a new waist band. But really other than that it was a success.
It didn't come out to bad and it was done on time and I didn't even have to pull an all nighter to do it. Oh and all that to have her get to practice today to have them tell her to go hang it up. They didn't even ask to see her in it. Tonight is the parent meeting. I am thinking they are going to let us know about the daytime performance of the play. I already know about it because she sent out and email to the teachers asking them to come as a field trip. Guess we will have to see what it is all about.


So for those that want to come, the dates of the play are:

February 10th and 11th

February 17th, 18th, and 19th

They are doing a daytime performance on the 16th but not sure how that is going to work.

You can preorder tickets at www.seatyourself.biz/prairiehighschool.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.