Totally flat
For Christmas I got a gift card to Target. Woo Hoo for me. While at Target shopping I found this cool tool for the kitchen, it is a cupcake corer. Well my addiction to the food network has me watching Cupcake Wars all the time (Oh mom, just yesterday I saw the hard rock one and the cute girl in the pink frilly apron won, she made a pink Cadillac for her display.) Anyways, I digress, I decided I wanted to try to make cupcake with a filling using the corer that I bought since there has been all these awesome filled cupcakes on the show. Well with rotting bananas in my pantry what a better cupcake than banana cupcake with a caramel sauce filling and cream cheese frosting? I know my mouth waters just thinking about it. So I found this great recipe (from one of my other favorite sites www.allrecipes.com) and it had great reviews so it was a go. I did not forget anything in the recipe, I didn't substitute anything and I was pleasantly blessed with the batter. After filling two and half dozen large cupcakes molds and 2 dozen small cupcake molds I start to bake. watching them they look great rising just like a cupcake should not to large and not to small. But when I pulled them out they acted just like a souffle, they sank and boy did they sink. There was not any centers at all for me to core to add the caramel sauce and if I was to add frosting they would be nothing but a huge pile of frosting in an inverted cake. I have no clue what I did wrong. But I am not giving up. I just can't get the idea of a banana cupcake with a caramel sauce out of my mind. Oh and don't worry, while the cake was flat it did still taste good. So they are not going to waste by any means.
Comments