A year in review

I have majorly failed when it has come to my blog this year. I don't know if it is I lost the desire or I just simply moved my information over to Facebook. But I realized that I do miss being able to go back and review thoughts and feelings that I have written about over the past years. So this year I am aiming to at least update once a week. It may be nothing more than this was a typical week but at least it will be documented.

I figured since I failed so horribly this year that I should at least do a year in review to catch everyone up on what we have done.

David is still employed with StayBridge Suites as a maintenance worker. He tired a new program through the work source that did not help him much, so he is back with DVR and he is interviewing placement agencies that work with them to hopefully find someone that can help him find work. DVR is also working on David getting the speech easy. We are hoping that it will help with his speech and therefore he would be better at articulating what he knows in interviews.

Kalaree started the year with a boyfriend, which like all good high school romances it lasted a good three months. She also had an opportunity to spend two weeks this summer in Europe. She spent some time at Paris and the majority of the time in Germany. It was a great opportunity and she learned so much as to what other cultures are like. Right now she is working really hard on getting her grades up so she can get her drivers license. I am not old enough to have a child with a drivers license, but I will love not playing taxi when she does.

In fourth grade, Kezri was introduced to the recorder. She loved it. So she immediately wanted to take band once she hit fifth grade. Her instrument of choice...the clarinet, because it is so much like the recorder. Kezri still does well in school, but still struggles in working in groups. She still loves to be in charge and she knows what she likes and how she wants it to go. Kezri has also picked up the hobby of baking and cooking. She far out shines me in a lot of her skills. She is also my crafting buddy. She has an eye for detail and is stubborn enough to stick with something till it looks like she likes.

Kami is doing exceptionally well in school. She is testing to see if she qualifies for the gifted program this month. We won't know anything for a while but I can see her going far. She is very artistically minded too. One of her hobbies is recycling "garbage" into new art forms. My favorite is when she turned a cereal box and a wipe container into a flushing toilet. She is also my sports oriented child. Poor kid had to be born to me. She has taken to roller blades most recently because a neighbor girl wanted her to learn, so she did. She also recently acquired a skateboard and is trying to learn how to ride that. She would also like to learn how to play soccer. Kami started piano this year and is doing well with that. She is getting better every day.

I am still working at Battle Ground Schools and I love my job. With the economy taking such a hit I end up doing a ton of counseling, which I am grateful for. at least I am not just testing. I learned how to make dolls this year. I loved making them but need a break after making 8 this year. They aren't hard just time consuming. My goal this year is to find something else to learn to make. I am also interested in learning guitar. But will we see how that goes. I need more hours in the day to do that. We also received a new dog to our family. Bear is a three year old Newfoundland. He is big but has the greatest personality. I am hoping to work really hard with him this summer and have him pass the pet therapy certification and have him come to school with me. I think it would work nicely that way. Animals can be such a reward in counseling children.

Not much else going on around here. We really are living the boring typical lives now. Loves to all and hopefully I wills post again next week.

Comments

Christy said…
I love reading about what you're up to, and especially all the crafty stuff you dive into. I'm so amazed in your skills!

Popular posts from this blog

My wish list

LOVE CRAIGSLIST

LOVE craigslist.