Fail again...
I forget that everyday life can be entertaining to those that only see us every so often. I think to post little blurbs on facebook that cue into ours lives but to actually sit down and write a paragraph that has full blown sentences and horrible grammar is another. I have come to the conclusion that I need the blog. I really do. More as a way for me to put down my thoughts and feelings. To vent horrible days and to tell ridiculous stories of true to life things. I just need to find a way to make it happen.
Vents for the last month:
I hate cars. I think the pioneers had it correct and that you should use a horse and buggy to get places. Who cares if it takes all day to go 10 miles. At least I didn't have to drive around in a vehicle that reeks of antifreeze and has a cloud of smoke following you every where. Plus nothing is more humiliating than finding out that your neighbor thinks your car is a pile of junk. Yes, we have buried the green car. I can't complain. The vehicle was purchased for $2000 including tax and license. We drove it for 4 years as the commuter car. Whoever drove the furthest was in charge of driving it. So really it was worth its money. Can't beat that. However its death spanned over a week time. David was driving it into work one day and it started to boil over (which looked nasty with all the rust that came out with the antifreeze.) He brought it home and worked on it. He took off the thermometer and it wasn't having the problem then. So he decided that he just needed to replace the spark plugs and it would be fine. He did that and then drove it to pick me up from work. Yay, we were that car you see driving down the road with the plume of smoke/steam coming from it. Thank goodness I only live a few miles from work. As we pull up tot he house and turn it off it goes up in a cloud of steam/smoke and it is boiling over without the thermostat on the car. Not a good sign. Well here is the real kicker. This lady pulls up right as we turn the car off and says. "I buy junk cars for cash. I will give you $250 for it right now." Blue book was $225. Deal take the car and shove it. She hooked it up to her tow truck then and there and was gone with it within the hour. In conversation she mentioned one of our neighbors called her to tell her about the junk car in the neighborhood. WOW, we are those neighbors now.
Brags for this month:
Kami got into the gifted program. She is going to do the cluster program and stay at DayBreak. We talked about it and thought over it and we feel that for her she would just not do well in the competitive nature that the magnet class is right now. It is more over the dynamic of the kids within the class and less over what the class provides. It is good to have inside information sometimes.
Kezri is excelling in band her teacher is wonderful when it comes to working with her. She is also a smart little cookie. I will explain that later.
Kalaree is still boyfriend/girlfriend with Chase. He is a good kids and we like having him around. It has been fun for David to have a guy around to do the guy things. Kalaree is also enjoying drama class and drama club. She is just doing crew work on this current production in the high school. So she is really not that involved at this time.
David finally has an appointment with a Speech/language pathologist to get his speech easy. It is a hearing aide device that is suppose to help decrease stuttering. I am hoping it works for him. His appointment isn't until April so we will see if he is a good candidate then. Fingers crossed and that it helps him. He is still looking for a different job. They just changed his hours again so we really don't see each other. But hey that is the life of the working poor right?
Bad mom moments of this month:
I have always told the girls that their cell phones have to be off when they are at school. Well I bought Kezri's tickets to the concert her and I are going to in April and so I texted her thinking her phone would be off and when she turned it on at lunch it would be a nice treat. It wasn't off it was set to silent with a beep if not responded to after a few vibrates. So her cell phone was in the classroom beeping at her to tell her she had a text. Well, Kezri who does not ever get texts during the day and who didn't realize her settings would cause a silenced phone to beep eventually didn't know it was hers. The teacher finally got frustrated and had the kids all go check their phones. Kezri was embarrassed and didn't have enough time to hide it before the teacher realized it was hers. So she asked if "she would like to come to the front of the class and tell everyone what was so important that it had to interrupt their learning. And it better be important or she was going to take her phone." Kezri turned to her friend and her friend said, "LIE!" well thinking on her feet, Kezri proceeded to tell the teacher that the text was about her cat. The teacher asked, "what about your cat." "Well," said Kezri, "My male cat got neutered today and my mom wanted to let me know he was okay." So her teacher sent her to go sit down. Now what do I really do about that? If her phone would of been off like it should it wouldn't off been an issue. If I hadn't texted her it wouldn't of been an issue. But really lying to the teacher. Is it bad to say that I laughed?
Well that should catch everyone who doesn't stay in touch through Facebook with us up to date on our crazy life. Loves to all.
Vents for the last month:
I hate cars. I think the pioneers had it correct and that you should use a horse and buggy to get places. Who cares if it takes all day to go 10 miles. At least I didn't have to drive around in a vehicle that reeks of antifreeze and has a cloud of smoke following you every where. Plus nothing is more humiliating than finding out that your neighbor thinks your car is a pile of junk. Yes, we have buried the green car. I can't complain. The vehicle was purchased for $2000 including tax and license. We drove it for 4 years as the commuter car. Whoever drove the furthest was in charge of driving it. So really it was worth its money. Can't beat that. However its death spanned over a week time. David was driving it into work one day and it started to boil over (which looked nasty with all the rust that came out with the antifreeze.) He brought it home and worked on it. He took off the thermometer and it wasn't having the problem then. So he decided that he just needed to replace the spark plugs and it would be fine. He did that and then drove it to pick me up from work. Yay, we were that car you see driving down the road with the plume of smoke/steam coming from it. Thank goodness I only live a few miles from work. As we pull up tot he house and turn it off it goes up in a cloud of steam/smoke and it is boiling over without the thermostat on the car. Not a good sign. Well here is the real kicker. This lady pulls up right as we turn the car off and says. "I buy junk cars for cash. I will give you $250 for it right now." Blue book was $225. Deal take the car and shove it. She hooked it up to her tow truck then and there and was gone with it within the hour. In conversation she mentioned one of our neighbors called her to tell her about the junk car in the neighborhood. WOW, we are those neighbors now.
Brags for this month:
Kami got into the gifted program. She is going to do the cluster program and stay at DayBreak. We talked about it and thought over it and we feel that for her she would just not do well in the competitive nature that the magnet class is right now. It is more over the dynamic of the kids within the class and less over what the class provides. It is good to have inside information sometimes.
Kezri is excelling in band her teacher is wonderful when it comes to working with her. She is also a smart little cookie. I will explain that later.
Kalaree is still boyfriend/girlfriend with Chase. He is a good kids and we like having him around. It has been fun for David to have a guy around to do the guy things. Kalaree is also enjoying drama class and drama club. She is just doing crew work on this current production in the high school. So she is really not that involved at this time.
David finally has an appointment with a Speech/language pathologist to get his speech easy. It is a hearing aide device that is suppose to help decrease stuttering. I am hoping it works for him. His appointment isn't until April so we will see if he is a good candidate then. Fingers crossed and that it helps him. He is still looking for a different job. They just changed his hours again so we really don't see each other. But hey that is the life of the working poor right?
Bad mom moments of this month:
I have always told the girls that their cell phones have to be off when they are at school. Well I bought Kezri's tickets to the concert her and I are going to in April and so I texted her thinking her phone would be off and when she turned it on at lunch it would be a nice treat. It wasn't off it was set to silent with a beep if not responded to after a few vibrates. So her cell phone was in the classroom beeping at her to tell her she had a text. Well, Kezri who does not ever get texts during the day and who didn't realize her settings would cause a silenced phone to beep eventually didn't know it was hers. The teacher finally got frustrated and had the kids all go check their phones. Kezri was embarrassed and didn't have enough time to hide it before the teacher realized it was hers. So she asked if "she would like to come to the front of the class and tell everyone what was so important that it had to interrupt their learning. And it better be important or she was going to take her phone." Kezri turned to her friend and her friend said, "LIE!" well thinking on her feet, Kezri proceeded to tell the teacher that the text was about her cat. The teacher asked, "what about your cat." "Well," said Kezri, "My male cat got neutered today and my mom wanted to let me know he was okay." So her teacher sent her to go sit down. Now what do I really do about that? If her phone would of been off like it should it wouldn't off been an issue. If I hadn't texted her it wouldn't of been an issue. But really lying to the teacher. Is it bad to say that I laughed?
Well that should catch everyone who doesn't stay in touch through Facebook with us up to date on our crazy life. Loves to all.
Comments